Chapter 50

Early in the morning, Yu Cheng dispatched his driver Jin He to the Bai family’s residence.

The head of the Bai family is Father Bai, who was already sixty years old and had been in poor health in recent years. He had basically retired from the Bai Group and almost all affairs were managed by his stepchildren. His second wife, Chen Yun, took care of everything at home.

Yesterday, Bai Wanxin had told her family about Wan Tong’s situation.

Father Bai was also very angry that someone had been impersonating his deceased daughter after so many years had passed. However, he soon received contact from Yu Cheng.

Although Father Bai was old, he was still rational.

He had watched Yu Cheng grow up and knew that Yu Cheng did not like to get close to anyone except his daughter. Over the years, there had been many good girls who appeared, but Yu Cheng didn’t even spare them a glance.

Now that Yu Cheng cared so much about someone, it must be because she was special in some way. Or perhaps, she really was his daughter…

Father Bai didn’t dare to think about this possibility, fearing that his hopes would be dashed and he would have to endure the grief of losing someone again.

Father Bai’s legs were not very mobile, and after Jin He helped him onto the car, Chen Yun and his two children also wanted to get on, but they were stopped.

“Mr. Yu only allowed me to pick up Mr. Bai alone,” Jin He said expressionlessly.

Bai Wanxin looked at him unhappily, “How can we feel at ease with Dad going out alone? Moreover, if it really is my Sister who has returned, it stands to reason that we should go and meet her.”

“Yes, Jin He, with something like this happening, we also want to figure out what’s going on as soon as possible,” Chen Yun said, looking at Father Bai, hoping he would say something.

Father Bai waved his hand, “Ah Cheng has his own ideas, you guys just stay at home.”

Chen Yun and the others exchanged a glance, and of course, they didn’t say anything else.

After the car left, Chen Yun spoke angrily, “He really treats Yu Cheng as his own son, doesn’t he? A junior doesn’t come to meet him in person, and he doesn’t mind, even eagerly approaching him! Who would lower their own status like this?”

Over the years, although Yu Cheng had kept in touch with Father Bai, he never went to visit Father Bai in person, but Father Bai often went to see Yu Cheng instead.

This time was even more excessive, as Yu Cheng just sent a driver to pick up the person.

“Mom, Yu Cheng has always been strange, and you know it, but with this relationship with him, it’s beneficial to the Bai family, so you should say less,” Bai Ziyan spoke up. He really wanted to use this connection with Yu Cheng, but the man was always lukewarm to people, and a single glance could make one tremble with fear. Sometimes he didn’t even dare to approach him to talk, and it was his little sister who had the guts to become half-friends with Yu Cheng.

Chen Yun’s expression still wasn’t good. “Wasn’t it because I was afraid that your father would want to leave everything to Yu Cheng in his will? I’ve been hinting at him for a while, but I haven’t been able to get any useful information out of him. But I always feel like he’ll leave most of his estate to Yu Cheng. I’m worried that in the end, neither of you will be in his eyes. Moreover, now there’s suddenly a girl who looks just like Bai Wantong. Who knows if it’s Yu Cheng’s scheme?”

After she said this, Bai Ziyan became nervous and looked at Bai Wanxin. “Xinxin, did you get a good look at that girl yesterday? Could it be Bai Wantong?”