Chapter 39

“Tongtong.” Suddenly, a deep angry voice sounded, startling Wan Tong, who quickly pushed away from Gu Chenyue and stepped back, looking nervously at a figure not far away.

It was the original owner’s father. But wasn’t he supposed to have gone back to school? Why did he suddenly come back?

“Dad, why are you here…” Wan Tong called out, feeling uneasy because he must have seen what happened just now.

“I came back to get my lesson plans. I’ll leave again tomorrow morning,” Father Zheng said with a stern face, his gaze falling on Gu Chenyue.

Gu Chenyue straightened his body, but did not show any panic from that moment just now. He nodded to Father Zheng and said to Wan Tong, “I’ll go first.”

Wan Tong clasped her hands in front of her and nodded gently, “Okay.”

Before Gu Chenyue walked far away, Zheng father grabbed Wantong’s arm and brought her into the apartment building.

“Haven’t I told you and your mother before? Look at what time it is now. You’re hugging and cuddling with a boy like this. What kind of image is that?”

In the elevator, the more Father Zheng scolded, the angrier he became.

Wan Tong listened with her head down until he finished, then spoke up, “Didn’t you always want me to grow up freely?”

Father Zheng was clearly taken aback by her words, “What are you talking about? We give you freedom, and you blame us for it?”

The original owner was introverted and timid, and there were some things she would never say in her lifetime. But at this moment, a sense of oppression accumulated in Wan Tong’s chest, and she urgently needed to vent it out, “From childhood to now, you’ve hired maids and tutors for me. You only spend three or four days with me a month, and during summer and winter vacations, you send me to training camps. You bring your students to do experiments, write reports, dine and have activities with them, but you don’t even to call me. When I think about it, I am indeed free enough. Dad, do you know I will be taking the college entrance exam next year? Some parents even moved closer to their children’s school, while I come home every day to only have meals prepared by the maid.”

Father Zheng was momentarily speechless. He and his wife were highly educated and intelligent, but unfortunately their daughter was not outstanding. They had also made study plans for her, but after being disappointed multiple times, they completely left her to the school and tutors.

Compared to their daughter who seemed to be unable to achieve anything, they found more confidence and pride in their own students, gradually neglecting their daughter’s life and studies.

After thinking carefully about the past decade, Father Zheng felt a bit guilty. It seemed that his daughter’s personality had become stronger since the car accident.

“Tongtong, Dad was indeed wrong. It makes me happy that you can talk to me like this,” Father Zheng said.

Upon hearing this, Wan Tong’s eyes suddenly became a bit sour. The original host had hardly communicated deeply with her parents, and she had some complaints about them in her heart. She didn’t expect Father Zheng to be unexpectedly understanding.

That night, Father Zheng and Wan Tong talked for a long time. Finally, he mentioned the issue of Gu Chenyue. He hesitated for a moment before sighing, “When you were in a coma after the car accident, he came to visit you every day. I paid attention to him and he has good character, but that doesn’t mean I approve of your early relationship. Can we wait until after the college entrance examination before deciding?”