Chapter Thirty Four

There were only two days until Thanksgiving, but Darcy hadn't heard anything about Jeremy and Ava's plans. She wondered where they planned to go for Thanksgiving, or if they even planned to do anything. If they didn't have anywhere to go, then she'd invite them over, and if they had a million places to go, she'd joke that she was glad she wasn't stuck traveling on a full stomach.

Jeremy planned to end the day early, so after getting Ava ready to go home, Darcy drove to the ranch with a small smile on her face. She seemed to be happier with her family around, and nobody could really blame her. She loved her family, and anyone with eyes could see that.

Once Darcy and Ava were at the ranch, Darcy helped Ava out of her truck, before bringing the girl inside. Charlie met them at the door with happy barks and a wagging tail. Darcy pet her pup for a moment, before she went off in search of Jeremy. She didn't have to look far, since he was sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

"Hey," Darcy greeted,"I've got a question for you." She commented, and he nodded.

"What's up?" He asked, as he grabbed his glass to get a sip of water.

"What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?" Darcy asked, making Jeremy sigh.

"We was supposed t' go t' my Mom's, but her friend just got diagnosed with cancer. She's spendin' Thanksgiving with 'er, and everyone else has plans, so Ava and I are stayin' 'ere and havin' pizza or somethin'." He answered, feeling a bit down that his daughter didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with their family this year.

"Well," Darcy bit her lip,"how would you feel about you two coming to mine for Thanksgiving?" She asked, making Jeremy frown.

"I don't wanna impose on y'all like that." He said, making her shake her head.

"You wouldn't be imposing in the slightest," She replied,"Besides, my parents would have my head if I let you two eat crappy food on Thanksgiving, when I'm making all kinds of food that could go to waste." She added, and he sighed quietly.

"Are ya sure ya want us there?" He asked, causing her to nod.

"Of course, I do. Why wouldn't I?" She asked rhetorically,"You guys are good company, and my family really seems to like both of you." She commented, making a small smile appear on Jeremy's face.

"We'll go," He replied, and she grinned,"What time do we gotta show up?" He asked, making her shrug.

"Not really sure. We just eat when it's ready. I'd say, just come over when you feel like it. I'll being making breakfast, and we'll have a light lunch. The guys will be watching the game, the kids will be playing, and the women will be in the kitchen probably cooking and gossiping." She said, and he nodded.

"I'll get us there by ten, maybe a little earlier." He replied, causing her to smile and nod as well.

"I'll be sending home leftovers, so make sure to have room to bring some home with you." She commented, making him laugh.

It wasn't often that he laughed, but when he did, she really liked hearing it. She especially liked hearing it when it was her that made him laugh. He always seemed so serious, and she liked it when he was more laid back and calm.

"Do I need t' bring anythin'?" He asked, causing her to shake her head.

"No, I got everything covered. If you want to bring something you can though. The guys probably wouldn't mind some beer; Corona to be specific." She answered, and he made a mental note to pick some up later.

Soon, Darcy had to leave to get started on some prepping for Thanksgiving. She had to make sure she had everything she needed, and whatever she didn't have, she'd send Michael and Jack out to pick it up. Pops and Dad planned to do some of the prepping as well, though most of their prepping would be joking around about not having enough or having too much of something.

Darcy brought Charlie home with her like she did every day, and he went straight to Emma and Hendrix's room to play with them and Bruce. Charlie and Bruce were two of the best pups Darcy could ever ask for. She absolutely adored them, and she believed if she didn't have them when she first moved to Radio, she would've definitely been lonely and even more out of place than she was.

"I need to make an extra pumpkin pie to bring over to Chris and Peggy. I'm making some of the pies today, and the rest tomorrow. I would make them all tomorrow, but I also have other desserts and stuff that need to be cooked." Darcy commented, as she and Tatum counted the ingredients.

"They not comin' to Thanksgiving?" Jack asked, as he walked into the kitchen to grab a soda from the fridge.

"No, they're visiting Chris's mom. I promised I'd bring them a pie to take with them. Apparently Chris's mother loves my pies as much as they do. I guess he brought one over the last time he visited her." Darcy commented, causing her brother to laugh.

"You let anyone else know about how good your pies are, and you'll end up spending the rest of your life making pies for everyone." He replied, making her chuckle and roll her eyes playfully.

"Speaking of pies," Michael began, walking into the kitchen,"You will be making cherry pie, right?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Of course," She answered,"I know it's yours and Emma's favorite." She added, causing her brother to smile.

Darcy always did so much to make her family happy. She was such a sweet person, always caring about others. Honestly, she should have gotten an award from her giving and caring personality. She was everyone's favorite person, and that wasn't hard to see why...