Chapter Thirty Three

Darcy had woken up feeling a bit nervous about her family meeting Jeremy and Ava

Darcy had woken up feeling a bit nervous about her family meeting Jeremy and Ava. She couldn't exactly call Jeremy her boyfriend, since they had only kissed twice, and barely had time to discuss anything after they admitted their feelings for each other. If anything, Darcy knew Jeremy would want to take things slow.

It wasn't that he didn't trust that the relationship wouldn't go anywhere, or anything like that, because he liked the idea of a relationship with Darcy. It had more to do with the fact that neither of them had any good past relationships, so they were both a little worried. Not to mention that they definitely were nervous about being together, especially with Ava being involved.

Darcy cleared her head of all the thoughts after a while, since she knew it didn't do any good letting it sit and ponder in her mind. She had a tendency to overthink things, and this was definitely one of the things she didn't need to overthink. So, the girl took a hot shower and took her time getting ready, so she could have plenty of time to clear her mind.

"Darcy! Someone's at the door for you!" Tatum exclaimed, causing Darcy to take a nervous breath.

She didn't want her family to hate Jeremy, and she didn't want Jeremy to hate her family. It was like introducing her boyfriend to the family, except he wasn't her boyfriend. He was simply her boss; the father of Ava. So, she just shook off the nerves and went to the front door.

The moment she opened the door, little Ava went up to her and wrapped her arms around the older woman's leg. Darcy smiled, as she bent down and picked Ava up. She peppered kisses on Ava's cheeks, before moving out of the doorway to allow Jeremy entrance into her home.

"Auntie Darcy! Auntie Darcy!" Called Emma,"My tooth, it fell--" She cut herself off when she seen Darcy holding a little girl she never seen before.

"What happened with your tooth, Emma?" Darcy asked, causing the little girl to quickly smile again.

"It fell out," She answered,"look!" She showed the bloody tooth in her hand to her aunt.

"Oh god," Darcy murmured,"Michael! Come get Emma's tooth!" Darcy exclaimed, not wanting to touch it when she was holding Ava.

Michael soon came out to grab the tooth, but once he had it, his eyes trailed to the man beside his little sister.

"Who's this?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"You get Emma cleaned up, and I'll introduce you all to him and his little girl." Darcy replied, causing Michael to roll his eyes, but do as she instructed nonetheless.

Darcy waited until her brother came back into the living room with everyone else, before she decided to introduce everyone.

"Guys, this is Jeremy Renner," Darcy commented,"and this is his little girl, Ava. You guys remember me telling you about her, and since you're here, I figured I'd be here more often, so Jeremy wanted to meet you guys before he just let his little girl stay over with strangers." She said, causing Jeremy to bump her lightly and give her a look, to which she simply grinned mischievously.

"Nice to meet you, Jeremy, I'm Adam," Dad said,"and this is my husband, Edgar." He motioned to Pops who was sitting on the couch next to him.

"I'm Riley." The short-haired brunette murmured, giving a simple wave.

"I'm Tatum, it's nice to meet you, Jeremy." The other short-haired brunette added, showing a smile on her lips.

"I'm Lori," The woman smiled,"I'm Darcy's sister-in-law. That's my husband, Michael, and our little girl, Emma."

"I'm Jack, and this is my daughter Hendrix," The youngest male commented,"Also, I know about you, Mr. Renner, and how you made my sister cry. So, I'm just gonna put it out there now, you do it again, and I'll make you cry."

"Jack!" Darcy hissed, but Jeremy simply placed his hand on her arm.

"It's fine, I get it," He told her,"Look, man, I've apologized t' her for the way I've acted. We're over it now, and I promise I ain't gonna be like that anymore." He addressed Jack, and the brother simply nodded.

"How about the girls go play in the room?" Dad offered,"I bet Ava will get along well with them. Hendrix and Emma are only a little older than her." He commented, and Jeremy nodded.

Darcy let Ava down on to the floor, and almost immediately Hendrix and Emma ran off with her towards the room they shared. Bruce and Charlie followed behind them. Charlie often stayed with Jeremy to help around the ranch, but when he wasn't helping, he was playing with Ava.

"So, Jeremy," Tatum began, hoping to break the tension,"what is it you do?" She asked, making him look over at her.

"I work on my ranch. I take care animals and stuff like that." He replied, giving a simple shrug of his shoulders with his reply.

"He's got like all kinds of animals, horses, cows, pigs, chickens, you name it. He actually has Charlie helping him a lot on the ranch." Darcy commented, and Jeremy nodded in agreement.

"Do you make your own bacon?" Jack asked, causing his little sister to scoff.

"You and your bacon," She joked,"You're gonna have a heartattack before you're forty because of all that bacon and fat you eat." She said, making him shrug.

"If bacon is what kills me, I'll die a happy man." He retorted, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah, I make my own bacon, ground beef, ham, and all that. Might as well use what I got." Jeremy said, and Jack laughed.

"Right on!" He replied, making a smile appear on Darcy's face.

After the awkward moment, Jack and Jeremy seemed to get along fine. If they didn't, that really would've complicated things. She just hoped the girls got along as well as everyone else seemed to...