Chapter Thirty Eight

Only four days later, Darcy's birthday had come upon them

Only four days later, Darcy's birthday had come upon them. Darcy hadn't told everyone it was her birthday, but it seemed her nuisance of a brother had told everyone. She had woken up to a lot of "Happy Birthday" messages from her family and a few friends. It made her heart swell with happiness when she seen them.

Darcy barely had time to shower and get dressed, before Peggy and Chris had shown up with a gift and breakfast. They had gotten her a new coffee maker, since Jack had somehow broken hers and she hadn't gotten around to buying a new one. They had brought chicken biscuits for breakfast, since they knew Darcy wasn't a big fan of sausage or bacon.

"We'll take the pups for the day. I think Jeremy has a few plans for y'all." Chris commented, and Darcy smiled.

Not long after they left, Jeremy and Ava had in fact showed up. Ava was carrying a gift bag almost half as big as her, and Jeremy was carrying a couple as well. The man was also carrying a box that held a cake inside of it. Darcy hadn't expected all of this, but she truly was happy to see everything.

The gifts from her parents, brothers, sisters, and nieces would be arriving throughout the day, but for now she focused on the gifts she recieved from Ava and Jeremy. She welcomed them into her home with a bright smile on her face.

"Happy birthday, Darcy!" Ava exclaimed, handing Darcy the birthday gift.

"Yeah," Jeremy chuckled, laying the cake box on the counter,"happy birthday, darlin'." He said, kissing her cheek.

Darcy opened her gift from Ava first, which was something she'd expect from a five year old. She had recieved a couple necklaces, a scarf, a stuffed panda bear, and a t-shirt that read "World's Greatest Pizza Eater." The shirt had made Darcy laugh out loud, but she absolutely adored it, since it came from Ava.

"Thank you so much, Ava, I love everything." Darcy said, as she gave Ava a hug and kissed her cheek.

Jeremy then handed her one of the two bags he had carried in. In the first bag, was a black and white flannel shirt that she knew she would love, as well as a couple of pairs of earrings and some hair products Darcy was almost certain Jeremy was clueless about how they worked.

He then handed her the second bag, which happened to be a bit smaller. Inside of the bag was a shirt that read, "Cowgirl in Training," as well as a horseshoe necklace, and underneath it all was a beautiful ring with a lapis lazuli jewel.

"Oh, it's so beautiful." She gushed, as she pulled it from the box and slipped it on her finger.

She then pulled Jeremy in for a hug, thanking him for all of the wonderful things she had recieved.

"I remember ya watchin' that vampire show, an' Tatum helped me pick it out." He said, his cheeks reddening just a tad bit.

"I love it so much, thank you!" She replied, kissing his cheek.

"Can we have cake now?" Ava asked, causing the two adults to laugh.

"Sure," Darcy replied,"just let me get some plates."

Darcy grabbed plates, forks, and a knife, and Jeremy opened the box for the cake. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a candle, before he placed it in the cake and lit the candle. He and Ava sang happy birthday to Darcy, which secretly made her heart melt. When they were done, Darcy had Ava "help" her blow out the candle. Jeremy cut up the cake and handed each girl a slice, before grabbing a piece for himself.

"Did your daddies give you presents?" Ava asked, causing Darcy to smile.

"All my other gifts should be coming in today, I believe through the mail, but I'm not sure." She replied, and Ava nodded.

Not even ten minutes later, a knock was heard at the front door. Jeremy decided to go answer the door, and both girls watched as he struggled to get a large box through the doorway. The box was almost too wide for the door frame.

"I guess they sent all the gifts together," Jeremy commented,"Otherwise I might be a little worried about what else is comin'." He added, causing the girls to laugh.

Darcy cut open the box, and she smiled when she seen all the individually wrapped gifts inside. She opened each box carefully, and she aas happy with all of the gifts she recieved from her family. Her Dad had gotten her clothes. Her Pops got her shoes and a wallet full of money. Emma got her a new Stephen King book. Hendrix got her a Nirvana shirt with matching shorts. Michael and Lori bought her a crocpot that was pretty big. Riley bought her a pair of combat boots and cargo pants. Tatum bought her the Hogwarts Library collectors addition collection. Jack had surprised her with a new laptop, since his note claimed hers was getting old.

"You guys wanna go out for lunch?" Darcy asked, causing Jeremy to shrug.

"It's up t' you, it's your birthday." He replied, making her laugh.

"And ice cream after?" Ava asked, causing Darcy to grin.

"Definitely." Darcy replied, causing Ava to cheer.

Darcy handed Jeremy the keys to her truck, so they could ride in a vehicle that was a little bigger than his truck. Once the girls were inside, Jeremy started the truck and drove them to a small pizzeria that happened to sell wings, sandwiches, and pastas as well. This was the perfect place for a birthday lunch.

Darcy had decided to order extra food, so she could just reheat the food later for dinner. Jeremy thought that was a great idea, since he and Ava were still going to be with her, and he didn't know what to make for dinner. The day was perfect, and honestly, he had never been happier to be out with Ava and another woman before in his life...