Chapter Thirteen

It had been a few days since she had to deal with the rude mouth of Jeremy Renner

It had been a few days since she had to deal with the rude mouth of Jeremy Renner. To be honest, she did find him attractive, but his attitude was definitely a turn-off. If she had the chance to not deal with him, she planned to take it. She hoped like hell that she wouldn't run into him in public or at the Evans' everytime she left her home.

A few days had passed, meaning she was finally going to participate in her first farmer's market. She had made quite a few shirts, bags, beanies, ponytail holders, purses, and her newest creations—custom tumblers. She had recently acquired a machine that gave her a chance to make custom tumblers and coffee cups for people.

She only had about twenty tumblers made though, since she wasn't sure if anyone would buy them. She had them in many different designs, and some of them even had some glitter on them. She had even managed to purchase different colored straws for people to choose from for their tumblers.

Chris and Peggy had helped her get all of her things into her truck, since she had quite a bit to load up. Because the farmer's market was outside, everyone was allowed to bring their dogs; as long as their dogs weren't wild or worse, would bite people. Darcy's puppies listened very well, since she took time to train them when she wasn't busy making things.

Chris set up the tables for Peggy and Darcy, before the women began to set up their tables the way they wanted them to look. Darcy made sure hers was a bit flashy and would stand out. She didn't want anyone to pass her up, since she had worked really hard on her creations.

Anyhow, about a half of an hour passed after setting up before anyone arrived, but once people started arriving, the place seemed to thrive. Many of Darcy's items were being bought with a quickness, and quite a few people were making orders from her. She was excited to get home and start working on everything people ordered. She was definitely sure she would be at many more farmer's markets after this one had gone so well.

Jeremy had arrived at the farmer's market a little later than normal, since his daughter had woken up earlier than usual. His mother had come to visit though, and she promised to look over the girl while Jeremy was getting a few things at the market. Jeremy often bought Ava cookies and kettlecorn when he came to the market.

When he walked up and see the Power Puff Girls tumbler, he knew Ava would want it. She loved that show more than she seemed to love anything else, though it wasn't on often, so Jeremy had to buy a DVD each time he came upon a new one at the store. As soon as his eyes landed on the tumbler, he unconsciously started walking towards the table.

He abruptly stopped though, when he seen who was running the table; the new girl. The girl that had been way too kind to Ava. The girl that he was sure had an agenda for being nice to his little girl. He knew the woman couldn't simply be that nice for no damn reason. He knew women that were, obviously, but he couldn't fathom the idea that this new girl was that nice.

"Damn it." He cursed quietly, as he walked up to the table where the cookies were sold.

Chris had been the one to spot him, and he had left Peggy and Darcy to go see his friend. Jeremy gave the man a simple nod of the head when he approached him, which was a normal greeting for the quiet man. He never really talked too much in public, unless he was at the bar with his friends, and even then he didn't talk much.

"What's got that sour look on your face?" Chris asked, causing Jeremy to sigh.

"I was gonna get that damn cup for Ava, till I seen who's at the table." He said, making Chris frown.

"Darcy?" He questioned,"She's a nice girl, Jeremy. She makes some cool products. If ya don't buy the cup now, ya might not have a chance to get it later." He commented, but Jeremy shook his head.

"I can't, I don't trust her. There's no chance in hell that girl is nice for no damn reason. She has to have an agenda, otherwise she wouldn't have made all them things for Ava." Jeremy replied, causing Chris to sigh.

"No, man, she's a good girl; got a good head on her shoulders. She ain't got an agenda, Jeremy."  Chris said, but Jeremy didn't believe him.

Jeremy simply shook his head, not wanting to hear another word about the girl come from Chris's mouth, especially when it seemed Chris and Peggy really liked the girl. He was upset that they didn't have the same suspicions as him. He wondered why a girl like her would move to Radio. She had to have been running from something, and he definitely didn't want to get himself or his daughter tied into her mess.

"Just give me the cash, I'll buy the damn cup." Chris stated, holding out his hand.

At first Jeremy wanted to argue, but he knew Ava would be ecstatic over the cup, so he groaned quietly to himself and placed money in Chris's hand. Chris walked over to the table and handed Darcy the money, and Darcy had Chris pick a straw for the cup. Chris picked a clear straw with pink cow print on it.

Jeremy's frown deepened when he seen Darcy look over at him as Chris talked. He knew Chris told her that he refused to go over. He seen the frown that placed itself on her lips, and he quickly looked away. He was upset with himself for something he wished he could've kept from happening—the light pinch in his stomach when she frowned at him. He refused to feel bad, and he refused to let the girl get any other emotion from him, other than the ones she ommited from him already...