Chapter Thirty One

A couple of weeks had passed since Halloween, and Jeremy had finally gotten his cast off

A couple of weeks had passed since Halloween, and Jeremy had finally gotten his cast off. There were only two weeks until Thanksgiving, and Darcy was trying to get things ready for her family to come to her home for a week for the holiday. She also had to soon get her stuff ready for her trip home for Christmas.

She had a list written of all the foods she wanted to make, as well as a list of all the allergies and such that she needed to be wary of while cooking. Most of her family didn't have any issues, but Emma had a gluten intolerance, Lori was allergic to basil, and Hendrix hated peppers. Darcy had to make special changes just for them, even though most people wouldn't go that far for people who don't eat all the foods anyway.

"Next week my family is coming to stay, so I might have to take Ava there to watch over her." Darcy commented, causing Jeremy to bite his lip.

"I need t' meet them firs'. I trust ya and everythin', but I don't know them, y'know?" He responded, and she nodded.

"That's fine. I'll let Dad and Pops know, so they can keep my brothers on their best behavior." She replied jokingly, causing Jeremy to chuckle quietly.

"Wan' me t' keep Charlie and Bruce?" Jeremy asked, and Darcy shrugged.

"They should be fine at home. I'll bring Charlie over everyday to work, even if I bring Ava home with me." She said, causing the man to nod slightly.

Darcy could tell that Jeremy was nervous about Ava being around Darcy's family. She knew he wasn't meaning any disrespect or offense by it, but she felt a little unhappy that he felt so unsure about her family. She knew Chris and Peggy told him about her family, but he still seemed to not trust their words. She somewhat understood though, and knew how it was to only want to trust her gut and not someone else's word.

"Ava! Bedtime!" Darcy called, causing Ava to groan.

Ava had been coloring at the kitchen table, and Darcy had given her an extra ten minutes since she was being so calm and quiet. Once Ava put her crayons back in the box, she closed her coloring book, and placed it in the middle of the table with the box of crayons on top. Darcy and Jeremy didn't mind, since the coloring book really wasn't in anyone's way, and if it was, Darcy would be able to move it out of the way.

"Shower or bath?" Darcy asked, as she walked Ava to the bathroom.

"Shower." Ava answered, yawning quietly.

Darcy helped Ava get her shower ready, before she grabbed pajamas for the little girl and laid them on her bed. Ava called for Darcy to wash her hair, since it was still hard for her to get all the soap out, before Ava was able to get out, dry off, and get dressed into her pajamas. Once she was finished and had her teeth brushed, Darcy tucked the little girl in and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

As soon as Ava was down for the night, Darcy went back to the living room to watch TV with Jeremy. When she walked into the living room, she shook her head when she seen Charlie taking up the love seat, and Bruce taking over the recliner. Darcy had to go over and sit on the couch next to Jeremy, instead of giving him the space to himself.

"I swear, if those two get any bigger, they won't fit on any furniture." Darcy commented, causing Jeremy to chuckle.

"I doubt Charlie's gettin' any bigger." Jeremy replied, and Darcy shrugged.

"I think Bruce is a Goliath pitbull." She said, making Jeremy bit his lip and study the dog for a moment.

"I think you're right. There's no other explanation as t' why he's so big." He answered, causing her to smile slightly.

"He's the perfect dog to scare away intruders though." She commented, and he completely agreed with her.

Bruce was the perfect dog to scare away intruders. Most people were scared of pitbulls, and having one as big as Bruce, and he was only going to get bigger, meant people would really be scared. Jeremy liked the idea of Darcy having such a big guard dog. She needed it, as did Ava when she was out with Darcy. He wanted the girls to be protected at all times.

Over the time that Darcy had been around, Jeremy could feel himself loosening up around her. He had put up this rough and tough exterior, but to be honest, he was starting to let his walls fall down. Darcy was a nice girl, and he didn't want to scare her away. She was perfect to have around Ava, and he definitely didn't want to scare her off.

Actually, not that he would admit it to anyone, but Jeremy had started catching feelings for the woman. It started weeks ago when she had come to his aid when he really needed it. He had never had a woman be so kind, other than his own family. She had did whatever she could and more without expecting anything in return.

He also couldn't help but admire her beauty. She was like a beauty queen, and he was almost sure that anyone could see it. He believed she was a fool if she didn't see her own beauty. She had the perfect body that he wished to touch. Her hair looked soft and was always looking beautiful. She never really wore makeup, not that Jeremy believed she needed it, and she when she did wear some, it was very little.

She had beautiful eyes, soft-looking skin, a small nose, and plump pink lips. Her lips looked soft and full. He and Darcy didn't realize that the two had silently and slowly been leaning into each other, and their lips soon met. The kiss was sweet, and her lips were soft, but the kiss didn't last. The moment they pulled apart, everything became awkward and silent...