Chapter Thirty Nine

Christmas was coming soon

Christmas was coming soon. Darcy still didn't have all the presents she needed for everyone. So, she had politely asked Peggy to watch Ava for a bit, so she and Jeremy could go out and do some shopping. She knew he needed to as well, since he had to buy quite a few gifts for his daughter. Ava would often get gifts from both Santa and her father, so Jeremy would buy almost double the gifts to make sure she got a similar amount from him that she'd get from Santa.

"I have to still buy pretty much all the gifts I need. I only have Tatum and Lori's gifts, since I bought them a couple necklaces and a dress each online." Darcy commented, as she and Jeremy walked into the mall.

Darcy had somehow gotten him to agree to going to the mall, which was almost two hours away from home. He didn't seem to mind though, so she was in luck there. If he did mind, he'd be rushing the hell out of her as she shopped. Besides, this trip to the mall most definitely helped him out with getting gifts for Ava.

"Ya goin' home for Christmas?" He asked, and she nodded.

"I'll be up there for a few days." She replied, making him nod as well.

"How would ya feel 'bout comin' home a couple days early and celebratin' Christmas with us?" Jeremy asked, causing Darcy to smile.

"Where'd this come from?" She asked, making him shrug.

"Well, ya let us come for Thanksgiving, and I know ya said it wasn't nothin' big, but I want ya t' come t' Christmas." He said, and she bit her lip trying to hold in a happy sigh.

"Let me talk to Pops about it, to make sure I can get home early, and then I'll let you know." She replied, making him nod.

"We celebrate Christmas at my house, my Mom, my sisters, and my brothers come with their kids." He said, and she smiled.

"Would they be okay with me celebrating Christmas with you guys?" Darcy asked, feeling a bit worried that his family wouldn't be happy about it.

"I told them 'bout how ya invited us t' your dinner, and besides, I already met your family. I know it's not normal to meet the family on Christmas, but I met yours before we was even together." He replied, chuckling a bit at the thought.

"Fine," She murmured, laughing with him,"help me find stuff to buy them, and don't bother arguing, 'cause I'll just ask Peggy and Chris for help if you don't help me." She commented, making him roll his eyes playfully.

Jeremy and Darcy walked in and out of many shops, to the point where Darcy had to rent a shopping cart to carry all of their bags. Darcy used a blue ribbon to tie to the bags of everything that was hers, so she didn't accidently get it mixed up with the stuff Jeremy had bought.

"Do I need to bring anything to Christmas, other than the truck load of gifts?" Darcy asked, causing Jeremy to shake his head.

"Nah," He answered,"but ya can brings the pups, and I know ya like makin' pies an' stuff, so if ya feel like ya absolutely gotta bring something, bring pie or somethin' like that." He answered, and she nodded.

"Now that you've told me I can make pie, I'll probably make a lot of them." She joked, making him laugh.

Once the two were done shopping, Darcy bought herself and Jeremy some food from one of the places in the mall, before they decided to go home. Jeremy helped Darcy bring all her things inside, then he headed to the ranch to drop off everything he bought. He had to hide it though, so Ava wouldn't find any of her gifts. Once he had them hid, he headed to Peggy's to pick up Ava.

The moment Darcy had everything in her room, she began to wrap everything and put some of the stuff in gift bags. She put all the gifts for her family into a big box, then she loaded it into the back of her truck with some struggle. Once it was in her truck, she drove down to the post office and mailed it out. She made sure to send her Dad a message to let him know she sent it out, so he'd be expecting it in a few days. They obviously weren't ready to be opened, but they'd be there before she got there.

It took her quite a few hours to wrap all of the gifts, especially since she had accidentally splurged and bought quite a few gifts for Ava. She did buy a lot for Emma and Hendrix, but truth be told, she loved Ava as if she was her own daughter, and she couldn't really stop herself from buying a lot of gifts for the little girl's first Christmas with her.

"I think Jeremy might have a heart attack over this." She said to herself, as she looked at the close to fifteen gifts she bought for Ava.

She was glad she had bought at least one gift for everyone else in Jeremy's family, even if she didn't really know them yet. She definitely would've been lost in shopping for gifts for them if Jeremy wasn't with her. She would have to shop for Jeremy's gifts another time, since she couldn't shop when he was with her. She knew he had snuck off to buy her a couple of things, but she didn't have the chance to do so for him.

Her belly filled with butterflies at the thought of spending Christmas with Jeremy, Ava, and their family. She had never met anyone's family before, so this was definitely going to be new to her. She was really nervous, but she hoped the nerves would go away by Christmas. She didn't want to look like a nervous wreck in front of everyone...