Chapter Eleven

Two days later, Darcy was finally able to make cloud bread with Chris's nephews and niece

Two days later, Darcy was finally able to make cloud bread with Chris's nephews and niece. Darcy had been swamped with orders the past two days, so she didn't have time, but when she finally finished, she made time for the children. The problem was, she wasn't expecting Peggy to show up so frazzled.

"I think Dodger swallowed a small bone. Chris and I gotta rush him to the vet. We need ya to watch the kids for us, please." Peggy said, and Darcy nodded quickly.

"Of course, just send them over. I'll watch them however long you need." She replied, causing Peggy to sigh in relief.

"Oh, uh, we also have Jeremy's little girl, Ava. I know I should've told ya about her a week ago at the bar, but I didn't want ya findin' stuff out about him that would make you think poorly of him. He's a really good guy, and a great dad, but he's been through some things. His ex really hurt him, and he hasn't been able to handle it well. I just--" Peggy rambled, before Darcy cut her off.

"Peggy, it's fine. I can watch Ava, too. Make sure he knows I have her though, I don't want to be arrested for kidnapping." She said, and Peggy nodded.

"I will, and again, thank you so much." Peggy replied, before she turned around to get the kids.

Darcy hadn't seen the truck in her driveway that was full of kids. Chris was sitting up front with Dodger, and the four kids were in the bed of the truck. Peggy quickly let down the tailgate and helped the kids down, before she sent them to the front door. Once all four kids were inside, Darcy waved to the couple and watched them quickly peel out of her driveway.

"You guys still want to make cloud bread?" Darcy asked, and the kids cheered.

Darcy went to the kitchen and turned on the oven, before she collected the ingredients they would need for the cloud bread. She also grabbed extra food coloring and extracts, so the kids could change the colors and flavors of their bread. She helped each kid with their dough, before she had them pick their flavors. Miles picked banana, Stella picked apple, Ethan picked the weirdest flavor Darcy had-rootbeer, and Ava picked strawberry. Miles had his colored yellow, Stella had hers colored green, Ethan had his colored red, and Ava had hers colored pink.

Since Darcy had double ovens, she was able to place all four in at the same time. She was worried that if they weren't all cooked at the same time, the ones that weren't cooked first would be jealous of the ones that were. She had disciplined kids before, but she had never disciplined four at once, and she did not want to try now.

Anyhow, by the time she was done cleaning up, the cloud bread was ready to take out of the oven. She removed each one and let them cool, before sitting them on paper plates. She then quickly cleaned the pans, before calling the kids into the kitchen to try their cloud bread.

"Yummy." Ava said, as she stuffed some into her mouth.

"I'm savin' some for Uncle Chris and Aunt Peggy." Miles commented, and his brother and sister agreed.

"I save some for Daddy?" Ava asked Darcy, causing the woman to smile.

"Yes, you can. I'll get a special bowl for you to put his in." Darcy replied, grabbing a small Tupperware bowl from her cabinet.

She had quite a few sets of Tupperware bowls in her cabinet, as well as a few boxes of them that were stores in her pantry that hadn't been opened or used yet. She had a lot of extras, since she never knew if she was going to get her bowls back or not. Also, sometimes she'd use them to store her threads, needles, and other stuff she needed for her work.

"Now that you're done, do you guys want to watch cartoons?" She asked, and they nodded.

Darcy quickly walked into her living room and grabbed the remote to turn on some cartoons. Since the children ranged in age, she had to choose something that they all would enjoy. So, after looking for a bit, she found SpongeBob on Nickelodeon. Luckily, it was an all day marathon, so she didn't have to worry about finding something else until closer to five at night, which would hopefully be after the kids went back to Chris and Peggy's.

Darcy hadn't known that Jeremy had a daughter. She wished she had knew beforehand, since it was a little last minute for the small girl to be thrown on to her. She didn't know why Chris and Peggy were watching over Ava. She didn't know why Peggy was so worried about telling her about Ava, since she had been so open, kind, and trusting with her. Darcy wondered if it was something she said, or maybe some way she was acting.

Instead of putting too much doubt on herself though, she simply shook her head and started to make lunch. She wasn't the best at believing that things weren't her fault, but she knew if she started doubting herself, Jack would get some kind of sixth sense about it and call her, or show up randomly two days later demanding to know what was wrong and who made her upset.

Jack and Tatum were the ones that always knew when Darcy's mood was down. Riley wasn't the best with feelings, but she tried to help when she could. Michael was clueless when it came to feelings, which made Darcy wonder how he got himself a wife. Dad was very in-tune with his feelings, Pops not so much. The two worked well together though, especially when they were trying to raise kids. The two were meant to be, and honestly, Darcy hoped she would have a love like theirs one day...