Chapter Thirty Two

A week had passed since the kiss, and Jeremy had been ignoring her

A week had passed since the kiss, and Jeremy had been ignoring her. Darcy wouldn't have minded if it had been the first time they met, but she felt like it was worse now that she believed they were friends. The girl was beyond angry at Jeremy, especially since Ava seemed to be picking up on their lack of talking.

She had asked Darcy why she and Jeremy weren't talking anymore, and if they were mad because of her, which really upset Darcy. So, the girl made sure to let Ava know none of it was her fault, but she really didn't have an answer for the young girl. What was she supposed to say? Your dad is ignoring me since we kissed last week, that did not sound like something she should tell a child.

Once Darcy had put Ava to bed, she decided it was time to confront Jeremy. She wanted to know what his problem was, and she had given him plenty of time to think, so she wanted answers. She didn't have time to worry or stress about it while her family was at her house, especially since she still needed to take care of Ava, and she knew Jeremy would just make things harder if they didn't make up.

"You and I need to talk." Darcy stated, the moment Jeremy walked in the door.

"Not now. I don't got time t'—" He began, but she cut him off.

"Look, you've ignored me for a week, but that stops now. I have things to do and worry about, and your mood swings and passive aggressive behavior is not part of my plans. So, the moment you get back from your shower, you're gonna sit down and we're gonna talk about this." She said, and he sighed.

Jeremy didn't have time to argue with her, he simply walked up to his bathroom and took a shower. Once he was clean, he changed into his pajamas and came back down to the living room. He had hoped Darcy had fallen asleep or forgot, but when he walked in and seen her look over at him with her arms crossed, he knew he was in for an earful.

"What's this 'bout?" He asked, and she gave him a look that resembled a look his mother would give him when he was trying to lie to her or play innocent.

"You know exactly what this about." She retorted, making him sigh.

"Fine, I'm sorry for ignorin' ya." He said, causing her to roll her eyes.

"That's not even close to good enough," She commented,"Why have you been ignoring me?" She asked, but he didn't answer.

She wasn't sure why he didn't answer. She wanted to know, but she had a feeling that he wasn't going to tell her anything unless she asked. So she decided to bite the bullet and ask instead of waiting for him to tell her on his own.

"So, we kissed," She voiced,"Why is that so bad? Why are you ignoring me for it? Are you regretting? Do you wish it didn't happen? What's the problem?" She asked, making him sigh.

Jeremy wasn't use to having such open and honest conversations with a woman, other than his mother. His ex didn't even care for most conversations, all she liked to do was argue and fight. He hated the idea of fighting with all women, but he had a feeling he was the reason all women fought with him.

He also definitely wasn't used to telling anyone about his feelings. Feelings weren't something he ever discussed with people; even his friends barely knew about his feelings. He was rather good at keeping it all to himself.

"I'm not good with these kinda things, Darcy." He commented, making her sigh.

"Neither am I!" She exclaimed quietly,"I never had a serious relationship, and when I did have a relationship, I was told my feelings didn't matter. I've never discussed my feelings with anyone, especially someone that wasn't family." She said, and he bit his lip.

She understood, at least, that's what it seemed. She knew what it felt like to feel vulnerable and new to something.

"I kissed you because I have feelings for you." He murmured, his words coming out with less of an accent than ever.

"And why did you ignore me?" She asked, making him sigh.

"Ya can't have feelings for me, Darcy. You're twenty four, ya have your whole life t' live. I'm just a single father with a ranch that's fallin' apart. I didn't wanna drag ya down with me." He answered, emotions spilling into each word.

"Jeremy," She murmured, sitting next to him,"I don't think any less of you for any of that. I love Ava, and your ranch is amazing. Charlie and Bruce love it here. I'm not gonna run away because you're a little older than me," She grasped his hand in hers,"I do have feelings for you, Jeremy. I have for a while, and I thought it was one-sided for the longest time. Then when you kissed me, and later ignored me, I thought you hated me, or were disgusted by me," She sighed,"I really do like you, and I hope that maybe you like me just as much as I like you."

Jeremy stayed quiet for a moment, relishing in her words and how they made him feel. Her hand in his made his skin feel hotter than ever. He liked the feeling of her touching him, even if it was simply a hand within a hand.

"I do," He murmured,"I really do like ya, Darcy." He said, and she grinned.

Before either person really thought too much, they both leaned in and let their lips meet once again. This time, neither pulled away and ran. They were both happy with the kiss, and they let it happen. Nothing was going to change what happened before, but they finally admitted their feelings for each other, and that made things better between them...