Chapter Forty

Waking up in her old room was definitely a trip

Waking up in her old room was definitely a trip. She wasn't use to her old mattress, nor was she use to the fact that her dogs weren't with her. Bruce and Charlie were with Chris and Peggy. They had promised to watch over the pups until she got back.

It was four days until Christmas, but the Pearce family was celebrating early for Darcy. She had talked to everyone about what Jeremy had asked, and after much contemplation and a little bit of arguing, they agreed to celebrate early with her. They were actually kind of disappointed that she didn't bring Jeremy and Ava with her.

The family had gone out and bought gifts for Jeremy and Ava days before Darcy arrived. They ended up sending them out, and the box would arrive the day after Darcy got back home. Luckily, they had already wrapped the gifts, so Darcy wouldn't have to guess which gift was from who. She hated that guessing game, and she use to have to play it a lot when she was younger.

"So, how are things with you and Jeremy?" Lori asked, as the two sat down with cups of coffee.

"Things are great," Darcy replied,"Honestly, I couldn't be happier." She added, causing her sister to smile.

"And Ava? Does she know you two are together?" Tatum asked, making Darcy sigh.

"Yeah, but she figured that out on my birthday when Jeremy kissed me thinking she wasn't paying attention to us." Darcy answered, causing the girls to laugh.

"Have you guys, y'know, done it yet?" Lori asked, and Darcy blushed.

"No," Darcy answered,"and I don't know if or when he'll want to. I mean, I'm pretty sure the last person he slept with was Ava's mother, and you guys see how that turned out."

"Well, maybe you should pick a day, and try to seduce him in a way?" Riley offered,"Don't like force him or anything, but maybe he wants a push from you before he tries anything." She commented, and Darcy nodded.

"Maybe you're right," Darcy replied,"Do you guys want to help me find something, I guess, sexy?" She asked, causing the girls to nod.

"Let's look online, then we'll agree on one, and have it sent to your house. You can hide it from him until you're ready to use it." Tatum said, making Darcy blush slightly again.

The girls spent the next hour trying to find a sexy pair of underwear or lingerie for Darcy to wear. When Jack had come into the room and seen what they were looking at, he had asked what the hell they were doing. So, they told him the truth, kind of, and he left the room over-dramatically gagging and saying that he didn't need to know that.

"What about this one?" Lori asked, showing the group a simple set of red and pink lingerie.

"I think those will look best with your skin tone." Tatum commented, and Riley nodded in agreement.

"And since he's a country boy, you should add a little tomboy to the mix." Riley said, as she ordered extra stuff for the outfit.

"Can I know what you ordered?" Darcy asked, but Riley shook her head.

"Nope, this part is going to be a surprise to you as well." Riley replied, giving her sister a playful smirk.

"Girls! Food!" Pops called out, and the girls quickly stood and headed towards the kitchen.

The family sat around the large table and ate the food that Dad and Pops had prepared. They talked about their lives, especially when it came to everything going on in Darcy's. It felt nice to talk with her family face to face. Phone calls, text messages, and FaceTime calls were definitely not the same as sitting with family and talking to them face to face.

Darcy knew she missed her family a lot, but the problem was that she didn't want to leave Radio. She loved living in Radio. She loved the people there. She loved Ava like her own daughter, and even though she hadn't admitted it to him yet, she was definitely falling in love with Jeremy. He was her person and she never wanted to leave him or Ava.

"So," Tatum began,"when should we expect wedding bells?" She asked, causing Darcy to choke on her lemonade.

"We haven't even been together six months, Tatum, chill out." Darcy retorted, and Tatum laughed.

"You guys were made for each other," Lori commented,"I can practically hear the wedding bells from here, and then the sound of little feet running across the floor after." She added, making Darcy blush.

"He already has Ava, and we haven't talked about kids!" Darcy exclaimed, making Lori laugh as well.

"We're not getting any younger, Darcy. We need grandkids from you, since it's pretty obvious Riley isn't giving us any." Dad said, and Riley merely sent him a mock salute.

"You have Emma and Hendrix, and I mean, you also have Ava. Why do you need more?" She questioned, making her Pops smile and place his hand on top of hers.

"Darcy, we're not going to push you to have kids unless you want them," He began,"but when you were little, you took such good care of your baby dolls. Then when Emma and Hendrix were little, you took care of them. You'd be a wonderful mother, and we just want you to be happy and get to experience everything you can get out of life." He said, making Darcy smile.

She wasn't sure if she wanted kids of her own, and even if she did, she wasn't sure if Jeremy wanted anymore. He had Ava, or rather, they had Ava, and she was perfect. Darcy wouldn't force more kids on Jeremy, and she knew he wouldn't force her if she didn't want any. She just wasn't sure how anything was going to turn out. She just hoped that one day she'd figure it out, and they'd be happy with whatever the decision was...