Chapter One

Darcy was glad she had changed her shirt a couple states ago, otherwise she would be sweating more than she already was

Darcy was glad she had changed her shirt a couple states ago, otherwise she would be sweating more than she already was. Texas was hot, more so than her home in Washington. She was going to be happy when it came to winter time and there was a lot less snow, but the summer was killer. She felt like she had sweat off half her body weight, and that was with her a/c on maximum in her SUV.

"If your SUV wasn't black, it wouldn't be so hot." Jack commented, causing Darcy to roll her eyes.

"I like what I like, Jack." She retorted, and he snorted.

"That's why I'm waiting for you to bring home a cowboy." He said, making her chuckle.

"That'll never happen. I'll be lucky to find an average country boy." She replied, causing him to laugh.

"Are you getting horses, Auntie Darcy?" Hendrix asked, but Darcy shook her head.

"No, where I live, I don't have room for a horse. I do have room for Charlie and Bruce though." Darcy replied, and Hendrix smiled.

"That's why they're here. I thought they sneaked into the truck with me." Hendrix commented, causing her aunt to laugh.

"No, I let them in right before we left." Her aunt answered, making Hendrix nod.

Once they pulled into the driveway of her one story house, she sighed in relief. The house was still rather big, but instead of having more than one story like her family home in Washington, there was only one story to her new house. The house was a bit pricey, but she had plenty of money for it. What she didn't know was that her dads put money in her bank account each time she was paid, so she couldn't tell they did so. They were really wealthy, and though Darcy didn't want them wasting their money on her, they still figured out a way to give her money.

"Nice place, let's hope the inside is as nice as the outside." Jack commented, causing his sister to roll her eyes.

Darcy opened the back door of her SUV and helped her niece out, before letting her puppies out to wander around.

"Darcy! Jack! Come get boxes!" Pops exclaimed, as he and Dad stepped out of the U-Haul cab.

"Your furniture I ordered should be her in about an hour." Dad said, as he grabbed a large box out the back of the truck.

"I didn't want you to buy my furniture!" Darcy exclaimed, as he walked away.

"You needed enough beds for all the rooms, and you needed plenty of furniture in other rooms." He replied, once Darcy had come inside.

"I have to go out later and buy the rest of the things I need for living here." Darcy commented, and her Dad smiled.

"I'll come with you to get what you need." He said, causing her to nod.

By the time most of the boxes were inside, the movers came with all of Darcy's new furniture. Her Dad took over telling the movers where the furniture went, while Darcy wrote out a list of everything she needed that she didn't already have. After Darcy finished her list, she continued to bring the rest of her boxes inside with Jack and her Pops.

"Are you ready to go to the store?" Dad asked, and Darcy nodded.

"You guys just relax. You can set up the TV and watch a movie while we're gone." Darcy commented, as she grabbed her keys.

"Are you sure we don't need to bring the U-Haul, we need to get a lot of stuff." Dad said, making her sigh.

"You're right, get the keys from Pops. I'm going to leave Jack my keys." She replied, and he nodded.

Soon, she and her Dad left the house and went to the biggest store in town. The store had quite a bit of stuff, and luckily Darcy didn't have to order stuff online. She bought a lot of stuff though, enough to fill up the U-Haul floor, as well as quite a large pile near the front that was all food. She had to get towels, bedding, decor, plates, bowls, silverware, pots, pans, and other cooking appliances. Darcy was so glad her Dad had already bought her a fridge, washer, and dryer for her house, otherwise they would've had to order stuff online.

By the time they were done shopping, it was close to dinner time, so Darcy decided to just pick up pizza for dinner instead of cooking. They had never left the town, even though a bigger town was about thirty minutes from Radio. They could've gotten more stuff there, but they chose against it, just in case something happened when they were away.

Anyhow, after eating, Darcy, her Dad, and Hendrix went around the house putting things where they wanted them, as Jack and Pops unpacked boxes and broke them down to throw into storage later. Dad and Pops often brought boxes of sandwiches, waters, and little bags of chips to the homeless shelter once a week, so they were always needing new boxes.

By the time most of the house was finished, it had gotten dark and rather late. Darcy showed everyone to the rooms they could stay in, before she went to her library to put her books away the way she wanted them. Around noon the next day, she would have to bring her dads, Jack, and Hendrix to the airport, but for now, she had time to put away books. She was OCD when it came to her books, so nobody was ever able to put them away for her.

She spent over an hour putting them away how she wanted them. The room looked perfect, and she couldn't wait to spend hours reading. She also planned to use the room for her office. She would sit on her laptop near the window and work. She worked a small business where she made graphic tote bags, graphic shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, and sweatpants. She had an embroidery machine in her bedroom, that she kept inside her large closet when she wasn't using it. Honestly, she felt like living in Radio was going to do her some good...