𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

You know what else is Apocalypse... Valentine's Day. Karina hated Valentine's Day-- she really wanted to punch who first created the crappy holiday in the first place. At least, she had a case that distracted the holiday. Dean and Karina went to the morgue to check out the couple who ate each other. Yes, they ate well with each other. Let's just say the image was not satisfying to see.

Dean was reading the file on the couple while Karina was reading her own choice of Valentine's Day book-- American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. They both sat together at a table, reading quietly. Sam entered the room, carrying fast food bags. He was drinking his soda as he entered, then Dean and Karina looked up at Sam.

"How'd it go?"

"No E.M.F., no sulfur. Ghost possession and demon possession are both probably out."

"That's where I was putting my money."

"Nope." Dean rubbed his eyes while Sam was setting the bags of food down and took his blazer off.

Karina looked at Sam with widened eyes, "Sam... oh, my god. You didn't see those bodies. They started eating each other's flesh and kept going. Their stomachs were full. Like Thanksgiving-dinner full." Sam cringe in disgust as he heard the details from Karina.

Dean commented, "Talk about co-dependent."

"Well..." Sam sat down on a chair next to Karina as he spoke out, "I mean, we got our feelers out. Not much more we can do tonight."

Karina commented sarcastically, "Yay."

Sam leaned over to his laptop as he spoke up, "Alright, I'm just gonna go through some files. You can go ahead and get going."

Dean looked at Sam, realizing he was talking to him. "Sorry?"

"Go ahead. Unleash the Kraken. See you tomorrow morning."

"Where am I going?"

"Dean, it's Valentine's Day. Your favorite holiday, remember? I mean, what do you always call it-- unattached drifter Christmas?" Dean was mouthing the words as he stood up.

"Oh, yeah." He walked over to the cooler and he grabbed a second bottle of beer. "Well... be that as it may..." He twisted the cap as he leaned against the counter as he looked at them, "I don't know. Guess I'm not feeling it this year."

Karina tilted her head while Dean was taking a sip of his beer, "You're not feeling the bars of lonely women?" He thought for a moment, savoring the beer in his mouth.

"Nah, I guess not." Sam raised his head as he looked at Dean. He noticed his face, "What?"

"That's when a dog doesn't eat-- that's when you know something's really wrong."

"Remarkably patronizing concern duty noted. Nothing's wrong. We gonna work or what?" Dean joined the table with Sam and Karina. Karina continued reading, minding her business while Sam looked at Dean worried as he typed on his laptop.

***

There was another bloody incident as the trio arrived at the hospital. They were all dressed in FBI suits while Karina had her hair in half up and half down flatiron. They were walking down the hallway as they made their way to the coroners.

Karina sighed a little as her eyes shifted to Sam. He was looking at the man who was carrying a briefcase behind them. Sam looked a little flustered, then she looked at Dean who was ahead.

She lowered her voice as she checked on him, "You're okay?"

Sam turned his face as he concentrated on the path, "Yeah, I'm fine." Karina looked at him in disbelief. Causing to worry about him, then she moved on.