𝐗𝐗

Karina hadn't gotten any sleep after Dean's story in Hell. She couldn't imagine the torment that he had experienced in an empathic way but she understood the trauma he had experienced. Now, he's running from them by looking at and solving the cases.

In the passenger seat of the Impala, she can hear the distant screams and blood when she closed her eyes. Realizing it was her past repeating in her mind. She woke up, looking at the reflection upon the dark blue window. She hated what she saw, she didn't know who she was now.

She was not a human. She was not the Huntress. She was not Karina Leone or Brian. She wasn't the daughter of Kyle Brian and Victoria Leone. She's nothing and incomplete. She was right about turning on her humanity, she had nowhere to go but to stay in the passenger seat.

Dean was looking through the case again in the newspaper, then Sam woke up from the backseat. Sam noticed Dean's action when he spoke to Dean, "What are you doing?"

"What's it look like I'm doing?"

"Like you're looking for a job."

"Yahtzee."

Sam sighed as he sat up from the seat, looking at him. "We just finished a job like two hours ago."

"Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think... Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-Town?"

"I am all for working. I really am, but you got us chasing cases non-stop for like a month now. We need sleep."

"Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead."

"I'm good."

"No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever."

Dean turned at Sam, "And what am I running from?"

Sam looked aside when he spoke honestly, "From what you told us. Or are we pretending that never happened?"

Dean paused for a moment before looking down at the newspaper. "Stratton, Nebraska, farm town. A man gets hacked to death in a locked room in a locked house. No signs of forced entry."

Karina groaned tiredly, "Sounds like a ghost case."

Sam and Dean got spooked, thinking she was sleeping. Sam apologized, "Sorry, Karina, we thought you were asleep."

"I was... I was dreaming about my marriage with Pamela." Sam and Dean looked at her weirdly. She noticed their faces, "What? If Tommy can't have her, so can I. I bet I'm a good husband. "

Dean spoke, "Yeah it's a ghost case." Sam groaned slightly when he returned back to sleep. Karina returned to medicating self-doubt as she looked out the window. Counting the raindrops. Dean was quiet when he was in a trance after him telling his story to the people he worshiped so much.

***

The next morning, Impala drove the address to the house that was located in Nebraska. It was a good thing that the house was on sale. The Impala parked in the driveway, then the trio exited the car. They all walked up the stairs, entering the house that was clean and quiet. They were all in the living room, looking around the house to see any suspicious clues.

"Boy, three bedrooms, two baths, and one homicide. This place is gonna sell like hotcakes." Sam and Karina quietly chuckled.

They were unknown they were being watched.

Karina was disgusted by the color of the kitchen as they entered. The walls were light yellow and the cabinets were pale white. She's getting nauseous by looking at them even though it's not her house. She looked at the backyard through the window when Dean pointed out the empty hollow wall.