𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

𝐒𝐢𝐱 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫

𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞, 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

Upon the cloudy full moon, there was a speck of city lights near. Police sirens blared from the other side of the city. There was one person that was being chased by four snarling creatures. A helpless Huntress was running her life toward the near forest alone, she tried to hide her scent from werewolves but there wasn't any time left for her.

In the middle of the forest, her hands were set in place on the holsters. Ready for any action that was taking place close to her. There was one creature who immediately attacked her, it tackled her down on the dirt ground. She slid the silver blade on the side of the face, it burned in pain by the silver.

She rolled over her back, throwing two knives at each werewolf on each arm. It threw them back then she got tackled again from above. The werewolf raised its claws and then scratched her holster aside from her. It snarled closely to her face then she screamed out as loud as she could.

"HELP!!"

Suddenly, a gunshot targeted the werewolf above her. It howled in pain, feeling the silver bullet straight to the heart. Karina didn't see who was her hero, she sat up while she pushed a lifeless werewolf over her. She pulled the silver blade and threw it directly into the werewolf's heart.

She rolled onto the ground, then she pushed a blade into another one's heart while a werewolf behind her was shot. Werewolf's eyes took sight of her while the silver was in one's heart. She pulled the blade out, then she kicked the werewolf out of her way.

She kneeled down on the ground, breathing slowly. She looked up, seeing a right hand to her. She grabbed a hand, then he pulled her off the ground. She took a look at a tall, middle-aged man with a beard and light brown eyes. "Thank you for saving me. One more minute I would be dead."

"Well, it's good that we both have the same case together."

Karian scoffed when she passed him by, "We're not together, man. You're not my type."

"Well... at least I can buy you a beer."

Karina turned around, eyes squinted at him. "What did I just say?"

"For a gesture, Huntress. Nothing else." She stared at him, hiding a sense that she could trust him. He continued on when he swung his rifle on his back. "Now, I'm starving and I'm on my way to Waffle House if you care to join me. Name's John by the way."

John passed her while she was standing, hands on her hips. She was considering a meal before she left the city. One thing he would know, she never said no to waffles. She followed him.

At the Waffle House, there was John and Karina together in the booth by the window. She was eating scrambled eggs, bacon, and two pecan waffles with a coffee while John was eating steak and eggs along with coffee. They were eating together peacefully and comfortably. In her own state of mind, she was a little pleased that she met someone that is more familiar to her than anything.

John reminded her of her father. She never had this comfort for years after his death. All the while she was living in the dark world, hunting the monsters. The man in front of her just shook her deeply with no general explanations.

John continued to ask, "So you're telling me that your father was burned in the house?"

"Yes, he did. The moment I turned my back, he was screaming for me. I never get that sound in my head. I hear it every night and day."