𝐈𝐗

The next morning, Sam and Karina were in the bathroom together as they got ready. Sam was brushing his teeth while Karina was brushing her long wavy hair. She began to speak up for a conversation, "Well... I will say that this was the weirdest case I've ever had on Earth."

Sam shared a look with her with a smirk while his toothbrush was busy for him, Karina looked at him with serious eyes. "You know that I'm not lying."

Sam spit out the paste into a sink, then he spoke out about what was bugging him. "Hey, have you ever seen a ghost who would disappear without fire or screaming?" Karina stopped brushing her hair, then she turned around showing her furrowed confused eyebrows. "Gandhi just immediately disappeared when Dean lit the flame."

Karina lowered her brush down, pausing before she responded to his question. "Not that I recall, Sammy... You think that the case is not over?"

Sam looked down, before cleaning the sink. He wiped his mouth with his rag before walking away from her, "Let me talk to Dean."

Karina nodded slowly before continuing her process. Sam closed the door after him to give Karina privacy. She set her brush down in her bag, then she fluffed her hair lightly for more texture. She leaned close to the reflection, showing the fixing upon herself. She slowly took in her portrait of herself, zoning in on who the reflection was viewing for her. She sniffed softly as she zipped her bag. Karina walked to the doorknob, pausing to hear the conversation between Sam and Dean.

"How long am I gonna be on double-secret probation?" asked Sam.

"Until I say so."

"Look... I know what I did, what I've done. And I am trying to climb out of that hole, I am. But you're not making it any easier."

"So what am I supposed to do, just let you off the hook?"

"No. You can think whatever you want. I deserve it and worse. Hell, you'll never punish me as much as I'm punishing myself. But the point is, if we're gonna be a team, you and I, including Karina, it has to be a three-way street."

"So we just go back to the way we were before?"

"No, because we were never that way before-- before didn't work. How do you think we got here?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Dean, one of the reasons I went off with Ruby... was to get away from you and Karina."

Dean Winchester and Karina Leone looked at Sam Winchester in shock from far distances. Karina looked down, drowning in thoughts while Dean responded, "What?"

"It made me feel strong. Like I wasn't your kid brother or a so-called case for her."

"Are you saying this is our fault?"

"No, it's my fault. All I'm saying is that, if we're gonna do this, we have to do it different. We can't just fall into the same rut. Karina has already moved on, when will you?"

Dean paused for a moment before he asked a longing question, "What do you want me to do?"

"You're gonna have to let me grow up, for starters."

From a distance, Karina slowly closed the door. She backed away from it to hear Dean's phone ringing. She turned around, slowly taking it in what Sam said. It was no wonder how he was treating her; it was the same way that she was treating him in the past. She sighed deeply, regretting every moment she had with Sam to make him think like that of her.

The door opened, revealing Sam. Karina acted casually to put her stuff away before so Sam didn't suspect her bad acting. He smirked a little before he softly asked her, "How much did you hear?"