𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Everything seems tasteless, especially after the last case. Huntress couldn't eat anything but just coffee. No baked goods, nothing. Just a plain coffee with milk along with a book, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. That's how she felt, just a freakin' bell jar.

She was quiet at the table with Sam who was talking to Bobby on the phone. Dean was trying to play a song on the jukebox which needed to be fixed. He gave up as he walked to his burger on the plate. "What's up?"

Sam was typing on his laptop as he answered, "Bobby found something in Wyoming."

"A job?"

"Maybe." Dean took a bite of his burger while Karina listened to the conversation while she read a page of the book with another hand. While her other hand was offering a sip of her coffee. "Small town, no one's died in the past week and a half."

"That's so unusual?"

"Well, it's how they're not dying. One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice, another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch."

"Capped in the ass?"

Sam began to read an article, "Police say Mr. Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a 9mm."

Dean was intrigued while his mouth was full from eating his food. "And he's not a donutnut?"

"Locals are saying it's a miracle."

"Okay."

Sam thought for a moment as he shut his laptop. He looked at Dean and Karina whose eyes weren't on him. "It's got to be something nasty, right? I mean, people making deals or something."

Dean considered for a moment, "You think?"

"What else would it be? Karina, what do you think?"

She flipped a page of her book, ignoring him. Sam stared at her for a moment, knowing that she wouldn't forgive him. Especially how the Siren spell spoke to her. He didn't mean every word he said to her. The words he meant to be true are the fact that she's a hero to him. She always did, especially when she saved him from the bridge.

Dean answered the question, already knowing that Karina wouldn't say a word to him. "I don't know."

"All right." Sam put his laptop in his bag, then he pointed it out at his burger. "Get that to go." Dean looked down at his burger, not moving his seat. Sam stood up from his chair when he noticed they weren't moving their seats. "What?"

Dean stared at Sam for a moment before he asked, "Sure you want us going with you?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know. I don't want to be holding you back or anything."

Sam rolled his eyes as he looked at him, seriously. "Dude, I've told you a hundred times, that was the Siren talking, not me. Can we get past this?"

Dean put down his burger while Karina grabbed her book, and they both got up. "Yeah, we're past it."

Dean got up from the table first then Karina put her cash on the table. Sam waited for her while he was bobbing his feet. He gave a smile with shining hazel eyes the moment she stood up. "Hi." All she had to do was walk around the table, avoiding him. She headed straight to the door while Sam looked down. He followed her while she got in the backseat, reading her book.

***

"Kay, you got to eat something. It's not healthy."

"Since when you become a mom?" Karina was typing on the laptop at the desk in the room. Sam and Dean went to question a victim who was saved by "Angels." She wasn't in the mood for questioning which made her cautious. She wanted to use a victim as a stabbing bag for her emotions now. "Besides, it's ok. It has been a week for me."