𝐈

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟖
𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫, 𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐬

The time was close to midnight, more like 11:56. In the middle of a small town in Kansas, there was a small Catholic church. The church was empty and quiet until the doors slammed. The sound echoed through the windows, candles, pews, and Jesus on the cross. The footsteps walked down the nave entrance, featuring the black leather boots.

The steps were light echoing the sounds of footsteps, the steps turned to the front third row of the church. Hands reached down the prayer seats. The mysterious character sat down on the knees, hands clasped together on the wooden row. The character sighed heavily, looking down at the row before was able to breathe.

A long black wavy ponytail, bronze, and flawless complexion, brown eyes, and black leather jacket featured scars on left forearm. The character was no other than the Huntress, Karina Leone.

Karina lifted her head to see the beautiful, stunning architecture behind the cross. She began to pray as she did her cross, "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It had been four months since I prayed, I apologize for that... I don't know why I suddenly have an urge to-"

Karina paused for a moment before her eyes told the story, she looked at Jesus at the cross. He was looking at her as she quietly sniffed. She looked down at her hands, "I just came from Lawrence, trying to find someone. I lost him, and he hadn't returned my messages and my calls. I failed... I never felt so hopeless in my life. Anyway, I was riding on my way to Sioux Falls. Then I saw this church in the middle of the night. No thoughts about self-harm anymore... Mostly I was thinking about..."

Karina quietly nodded slightly, her lips trembling. Her eyes were building up with tears. She cried shakily, "I don't know where to go, I don't know what I'm supposed to do...  Should I just stay out of it or do I have to keep fighting? I'm tired... I haven't gotten any sleep. If I go to sleep, I get nightmares... about my past, my future, my worries, my terrors."

"I'm broken into pieces, and it's hard to pick up who or what I am. I don't know if my father is happy or proud of me. Truly, I'm screaming on the inside. My humanity and my soul are shattered into hopelessness and failure. Why did they save me? I belong to Hell more than him."

Karina Leone raised her closed hands to her lips, her eyes closed. The tears began to shed onto her hands. Crying her soul, and her humanity as she prayed with her true faith. "Please...  save my best friend... Please save Dean Winchester."

She opened her eyes, wiping her tears away. She raised herself up, closing the prayer seat. She began to walk away from the cross, looking at the exit. The moment she dipped holy water and repeated the cross as she made her exit. The church bells began to ring upon the midnight hour.

Chime, chime, chime, chime. It was odd that it was ringing at midnight. Chime, chime. She exhaled deeply, letting go of all the emotions to keep fighting. She proceeded to exit, heading her way to the lot beside the church. Chime, chime, chime, chime. She eyed the black Harley Davidson Softball Slim motorcycle. There is cursive silver engraved on the tank of its motorcycle, Eternity. She grabbed the key from her pocket and tossed it afar in her hand as she continued to walk to her motorcycle. Chime, chime.

"Karina..."

She heard a distant whisper behind her as she turned her head. The wind whistled her ears as the wind blew her ponytail. She saw nothing, but suspenseful to hear her name. The familiar chills ran through her body and her core, but they were good chills.

Exciting suspense through the mystery of unknownness.

Her eyebrows furrowed while her back was turned, she lifted her leg over the seat of the motorcycle. She put the keys in the ignition and started to rev the engine. She rode out of the parking lot by circling her tire marks, then she exited her way in a fast motion.