𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

The machines were beeping slowly. Fingers laid upon the mattress. Breathe slowly, inhale, and exhale. Eyes opened, revealing one brown eye that was right bloody. Brown lens from the red surrounding. The eyes opened, slowly back to reality at the white unfamiliar ceiling.

Arms were covered with bandages, while the pain from the back increased. All over there were faded black bruises all over its beauty of Karina. She groaned lightly when she woke up. Her vision was coming to light as her eyes shifted to her left.

There was a person who was in the room the whole time on a chair. "Hey." Her vision became clear while the focus was set on Sam Winchester. He leaned toward her, "You'll be okay. Want me to call the nurse?"

She shook her head while she was in a confused state, "No. What happened?"

"You got beaten by Alastair, really bad. You got stabbed in the back and kicked down by him. Eye, stomach. I came sooner before he killed you guys." She inhaled sharply, remembering what Alastair told Dean Winchester. It killed her inside, "You're going to be okay..."

"Where's Dean?"

"He's resting. He's next door."

She sighed in relief while she calmed down, then she smiled softly. "You're in the habit of becoming my first visitor, aren't you?" Sam chuckled while she grinned lightly, then she was curious. "How did you find us?"

"Ruby helped. She, you know, did a tracking spell."

"Why did it take you so long?"

"Karina, I was- I was calling her repeatedly. It took some time to put a track on you and Dean. It was a long ride from the motel to the warehouse."

She stared at him deeply, unblinking. "You're lying." Sam was taken aback by the response. "It shouldn't take you that long to find us, Sam. What did you do?"

"I told you."

"You are clearly hiding from me, what is it?" Sam scoffed when he rolled his eyes. She read him clearly, "What is so wrong for you to tell me the truth!?! I want to know the truth!!"

Sam snapped his head back to her as he yelled at her, "Really? Because everything I've seen you in my life, all I hear are rumors about you. The fact you murdered the family over the psychics in cold blood."

"Sam, I was different."

"So am I, Karina. When I tell you the truth, you won't look at me the same. I can't lose you-"

"YOU ALREADY LOST ME!!" Sam stopped talking after she shouted from her emotions. "You left me in the desert then you were screwing with Ruby!! You broke me, Sam! YOU BROKE ME DEEP!! What do you want to say, huh? I'm listening!"

Sam breathed heavily while he stared into her eyes. Karina chuckled sadly, then she sobbed her tears. She covered her face while her tears were running. He immediately changed in sadness after seeing and hearing her sobbing.

"Get out." Sam lifted his head when he heard two words that echoed through him. "Get out, I don't want to see you."

Sam parted his mouth to defend to stay until the voice spoke out from the back. "I'm afraid she insists." He turned his back, seeing Castiel who was standing in the doorway. He lowered his eyes when Karina turned her back on Sam while she was crying. Sam stood up while he exchanged glances with Castiel as he passed him by.

Castiel sat down on the chair while he looked after Karina who was wiping her tears. She sniffed then she laid on her back against the bed. "You and Dean are the only ones I trust now..."

Castiel turned his head, "What about Sam?"

"I don't recognize him anymore."

Castiel laid his head back on the chair while he spoke seriously. "Karina... if you had seen Sam. The way he was when he killed Alastair. He didn't hesitate. I saw nothing but damnation."

"He did it." He shifted his eyes to her, "He turned it off..." Karina shakily sighed at the realization, "I should've done more."

"There was nothing you could have done, Karina. It was his choice, not yours."

"I'm the reason though. Alastair mentioned something that Sam had his... admiration for me. That I was too blind to see it." Karina shed a tear down her cheek, "I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about me anymore."

Castiel looked after Karina who was drowned in thoughts, "You can't. You can't have affection toward him. He's the abomination."

"I know and I don't." Castiel read closely to her then she opened up, "Was it true? Did Dean start the Apocalypse?"

"Yes. Why did you think Lilith let you go? You were an additional reason to her plan that we discovered."

"Before it was too late..." Karina shuddered as she exhaled, "Dean hates me. That I brought him back. Why didn't you leave me in that fire?"

"It's not blame that falls on you, Karina, it's fate. The righteous man and the First Prayer who begins it, they're the only ones who can finish it. You and Dean have to stop it."

Karina Leone eyed Castiel and whispered, "Lucifer? The Apocalypse? What does that mean?"

"They don't tell me much. I know our fates rest with you. He doesn't hate you, Karina. He's your companion. From the moment you were born, I knew you would be destined for greater."

"Castiel... I'm not a being you can depend on." Karina sobbed loudly, "I lost everything. I honestly don't know who I am. Not Karina, not Huntress, not Kay. I quit... I give up... I'm sorry, Casitel, but I can't. I'm done." She turned her head away from Castiel, trembling her lips.