⁀➷ 59- YOU'RE KIDDING.

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

12 / 14 / 23 — WEDNESDAY

"Tristan fucking Smith, is it true?"

Tristan held his arms up in surrender. "Whoa, why so aggro?" he asked, motioning to my hands that had just slammed down on his desk.

I crouched down so that the rest of the class wouldn't see me and say something stupid.

"You made a bet with Joshua to make him ask me out. Is that true?" I questioned, lowering my voice. After Madelyn had told me about it, I couldn't seem to get Josh and his stupid bet out of my head. 

"Wait, why do you want to know all of a sudden? Who told you?"

"Just answer the goddamn question."

Tristan looked around before looking back at me. The bell hadn't rung yet so Mrs. Richardson wasn't in the room and mostly everyone was out of their seats.

"Fine. But don't tell anyone that I told you this, or else Josh is going to kill me."

I nodded eagerly.

Tristan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "You're right. I made the bet with Josh because he likes you and he's too chicken to ask you out 'cause he doesn't want to lose the friendship he has with you right now- but I guess he chickened out on that too. He does like you, and I was just trying to get him to man up and confess to you."

I stared at him in shock. "You mean he actually likes me? You guys weren't just playing me for fun?"

Tris shook his head. "No, no, he's like, obsessed with you, which is why I keep telling him, but..."

"You're kidding. You're actually kidding."

"Nope. Not at all. But like I said, you can't-"

"Tell anyone, yeah yeah, I got it," I mumbled, my head spinning with all this new information as I headed to my seat.

"Hey, are you alright, Em?" Jen asked with concern.

"Yeah, all good," I muttered, not looking up from my paper so I wouldn't accidentally make eye contact with Joshua.

HOLY SHIT, JOSH LIKES ME FOR REAL.

---

The whole class period went on in that manner until Joshua came up to me on our way to lunch.

"Are you okay, Melody? You seem kinda off today."

"Uh-huh. Doing great," I replied quietly, not even looking up at him. It wasn't that I was mad at him or anything, I was just afraid that if I looked at him I would say something wrong or bad or just burst out laughing.

So I just lowered my gaze and stared into space the whole time, not daring to look up.

i wrote this in like 10 minutes im genuinely surprised-