⁀➷ 1O- THE DANCE

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

The next few days were absolutely miserable, even though they passed by pretty quickly. People I'd barely talked to before asked me a bunch of questions about the party, most of which I ignored, and among the questions were a few boys asking me to the dance. I declined though- I didn't need anything more in my life at the moment.

---

The day of the 7th grade Winter Dance was finally here and I was going solo. So were most of my friends.

I hadn't talked to Ian much since the party, mostly just "Hi"s and "Bye"s.

After school, I took a quick shower, dried my hair, and pulled on my dress. It was a dark teal, sleeveless high-low satin and lace dress. My heels were silver, 4 inches.

Malina helped me do my hair, and I applied some makeup and added accessories. With one last look in the mirror, I headed downstairs.

"Aww." my mom cooed. "After this, you'll go to high school, prom, college, graduate, move out, get married, have your first child-"

"I think I get it, mom!"

Ding-Dong!

The doorbell rang, and I immediately went to answer it.

"Melody!" Tessa squealed as I opened the door. "You look amazing!"

"So do you!" I exclaimed. She was wearing a sleeveless purple lace dress, her medium length hair in a simple curled ponytail.

"Hey, Mel." Ian said, stepping forward in a gray suit. "You look... amazing."

"Thanks. You look great, too." I mumbled, my eyes wandering to his tie. I noticed that it was the same shade as my dress.

Soon, Lexi, Harper, and Callie came as well.

Lexi was in a simple red dress and white flats that matched perfectly with her dirty blonde hair that was in a half up half down crown braid.

Harper wore a short sleeved yellow dress with peach colored 3 inch heels, and her blonde hair was curled.

Callie was wearing a royal blue dress and diamond sandals. Her dark, usually straight hair was curled.

Melody: