⁀➷ 56- CONTINUED

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

Our little teasing games went on for the next couple of days. It was fun playing around with Joshua, and I definitely considered him a good friend.

But I began noticing that everyone in our math class had begun to ship us. I would constantly hear people teasing us, saying things like, "Ooh, Joshua, why are you going over to Melody's desk?" or if I was talking with someone else, one of the boys would say, "Hey Moore, don't let Tristan steal your girl!"

I always opted to ignore these comments.

( okay so a lot of stuff did happen , like us hanging out at church and sneaking away after service or getting each other gifts on each others birthdays , but idrk how i'm supposed to write all that since theyre all so short and too many of them so ima skip it. )

12 / 11 / 22 — SUNDAY

"So, you still won't tell me, huh?"

"I told you already, I don't like anyone at the moment."

Joshua and I were sitting on the flat area on the roof of one of the church buildings after the sermon, both of us wanting to escape the stuffy indoors.

"You sure?"

I cupped my hands, blowing into them to generate heat. "Mm-hmm."

He turned to look at me. "Are you cold?"

I nodded. "K-kinda."

After standing up and stretching, he leapt off the stone ledge and landed in the soft grass below.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the crisp, sweet scent of the air, enjoying the way the breeze felt against my cheeks.

Joshua looked back up at me. "You coming?"

"Yeah, yeah."

I copied his actions and we began heading towards the area where we had lunch.

Our parents had become closer over the past few weeks, and my, Joshua, Reese, and Kiara's families usually ate lunch together on church days.

"Whoa. I guess they're going all in for the performance this year, huh?"

I looked in Joshua's direction to see that the whole indoor chapel had been redecorated in preparation to host our annual Christmas Performance. Lots of different groups performed, and it was pretty fun to watch.

"Yeah. Looks like they're doing the Baby Jesus Skit again- hold on, is that my name?!"

I set my hoodie down on the bench and examined the volunteer list for the skit. Sure enough, it was my name written on the paper in the very ninth slot.

"Did you not sign up?" Josh asked.

"Not myself, no."

"Well that's weird," he muttered.

"Probably a mistake of some sort."

We began walking again before Joshua cleared his throat.

"Got something to say?"

"No... yes- well, kinda."

"I'm listening."

"It's just... do you... I mean- like, um... actually, never mind."

I shrugged it off and we finally made it over to where everyone else was.

i didnt know what to name this chapter since its kinda just an extra info / filler chapter so there you go