⁀➷ 52- CHARLIE?!

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

I didn't know what to do. How could I choose between my friends?

Thankfully, my Halloween plans with the girls were cancelled because Maddie and Jen were both busy on the day of.

That still left me to choose between Charlie and Jaehyun.

After weighing the pros and cons and talking with a few people, I decided to go to the party with Charlie. Besides, he'd asked me to go with him as Harley Quinn and Joker, how could I resist? 

I didn't get to see him much since we went to different schools, so I figured it would be a good time to spend some quality time with him. I could always see Jaehyun at church anyways.

---

( sorry if this next bit is a little fast paced, it's mostly bc im trying to catch up to rn and bc i don't remember much of it lol )

10 / 31 / 22 — Halloween

"Whoa. This place is lit, Char," I said, eyes wide as we entered Charlie's neighbor's spookily decorated, mansion-like house. 

"No shit," he replied with a chuckle.

Eventually, we ended up crazy dancing together, and it was definitely a lot of fun- though I did end up sweating myself to exhaustion. Charlie introduced me to a group of his friends, so we sat down to take a break and talked for a while.

I was chatting with a guy named Brantley and enjoying myself when Charlie tapped my shoulder and pulled me away from the crowd.

"Yeah?"

Charlie shrugged. "It was getting too crowded. Let's just chill here."

"So... what's new with you?"

"Well, Cadence forced me to watch Tangled with her lat night, and I hate to admit it, but that part where the guy dies is pretty sad."

I tilted my head to look up at him in our position sitting in a beanbag chair. "Tangled? You cried after watching Rapunzel?"

"I didn't cry! It was just emotional."

I only laughed harder.

"What's your personality type?" Charlie asked.

"I'm an ESTP-T."

( tho i found out recently that it changed to esfp )

"Makes sense. I'm ENFP."

"That makes sense too, since you cry at the end of Disney princess movies," I teased.

"Hey! You don't have anything to say, I was literally handing you tissues as you sat on the couch crying while watching Luca."

"At least Luca isn't a princess movie!"

I giggled at Charlie's glare and yawned, leaning my head into his shoulder. We were both quiet for a moment.

Until Charlie broke the silence.

"Can I kiss you?"

I whirled around to look him in the eyes. Was he being for real?

Before I could process my own thoughts, I felt his lips on mine. And for some strange reason, I was inclined to kiss back.

Which I did.

The kiss lasted for a good minute before we both pulled away in a daze.

Tearing my eyes from Charlie's, I stood hastily, almost tripping over my own feet. "I-I should get going, it's g-getting late."

Before I could leave though, Charlie firmly grabbed my wrist.

"Text me, Melody."

I nodded without turning around and bolted out of the house as soon as he let go, calling my brother to pick me up.

you guys might remember all of this being in my rant book lol <3