⁀➷ 38- FIRST DAY

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

I looked in the mirror anxiously. I'd changed outfits a hundred times already, already nervous from head to toe.

It was pretty cold outside, considering it was nearly winter, and from what I'd read on the school's online website, I had to say that the dress code was extremely lenient. I wore a cozy dark gray sweater tucked into a checkered skirt that was shorter than what I would have been allowed to wear at my old school.

After adding accessories, mascara, and lipgloss as usual, I pulled my hair into a braid and looked in the mirror again

Good enough to make a decent first impression, right?

"I hope so," I mumbled to myself, answering my own thoughts as I finally went downstairs for breakfast.

---

"You're Melody, right?"

I looked up and met the eyes of a dirty blonde haired boy with hazel eyes.

"Yeah."

"Hey, I'm Oliver. I'm your guide and I'll be showing you around."

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and followed him out of the front office without a word.

Holy mother of potatoes, he's tall. What is he, like 5'10? He looks a lot like Oliver Bryant too...

I kept my backpack steady on my shoulder with my right hand and held my lunchbox and schedule with the other- and the heavy chromebook the office lady had given me.

At least this chromebook case has a handle to hold... 

Oliver must have noticed me struggling because he bent down, taking the items in my left hand. "Here, I'll hold these for you."

"T-thanks."

My heart fluttered slightly as he opened the folder with my schedule in it, chuckling to himself.

"No wonder Mrs. Vincent sent me up here." He shut the folder. "We have all the same classes. Well, except for 4th period. So I guess you'll be seeing this awesome face all day," Oliver said, winking.

I rolled my eyes but smiled- he sort of reminded me of Connor.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, did you just roll your eyes at me?"

"I think you know the answer to that," I teased.

Oliver showed me around school and where each of my classes were. Here, there were only 6 class periods, one of them being a 45-minute Study Hall, which was after lunch. Unlike my old school in California, which started at 8:10, Princeville started at 7:30.

"So where are you from?" Oliver asked on our way to the gym.

"Southern California."

"Were you born there?"