⁀➷ 43- DATE HUNTING

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

December 14, 2021 - Tuesday

It was only 8 days away from the formal when I received the news.

"Mel, you are not going to believe this."

"What's up, Cal?"

"So... I don't know if I'm the one who should be telling you, but... Connor might have a girlfriend."

"Other than me...?"

"Mmm-hm. It might not be true though. I overheard Sasha asking Connor to be her date to the Winter Dance which, by the way, I'm kinda hoping it won't be as crazy as 7th grade's. Anyways, I heard Connor declining and saying he already had a date. I might just be paranoid though, so..."

I sighed.

"You want me to confront him about it?"

"No, don't. Besides," I grinned as an idea came to mind, "two can play that game."

---

During Study Hall, the girls and I came up with a plan. Since Connor was going to a dance with someone else, why couldn't I? I just needed to find someone to go with me...

"Alright," Madelyn started, "I think you should just find a guy you're interested in and make him fall for you. Besides, I'm sure you can lure anyone."

I exhaled. "Okay... but who? I'm pretty sure just about every decent guy has a date by now."

Anna's eyes lit up. "We can make a list of all the guys you've met and go around asking them if they have a date. Lucky for you, Jen's great at that stuff."

"Yep," Jenna nodded. "No embarrassment whatsoever."

I breathed a sigh of relief as Madi handed me a scrap of paper. 10 minutes later, we'd written down the name of every single guy I'd met so far at Princeville.

"Alright, I think everyone on this is in here... alright, I'll be back in less than 5 minutes." And with that, Jen took off.

"I hope she finds someone decent," I mumbled.

Just as she'd said, Jen came back within 5 minutes.

"So?" I asked eagerly.

"Well, I kinda crossed off Oliver and Ben's names 'cause of me and Anna, and the boys are at a meeting with the football team anyways. So from what I've found, everyone's taken except for Elijah Marks, Daniel Newman, and Issac Leon."

"Daniel Newman? Isn't he the triplet?" Madi asked.

"Whoa, our school has triplets?" An asked.

Jen nodded. "Yep. Daniel, Alex, and Kai. Melody, you're going to have to choose between Daniel, Elijah, and Issac."

"Well... the only one I've ever actually talked to is Daniel."

"Wait, that's perfect!" An squealed. "You guys are neighbors, right? You even invited him to your party, and you have 3 classes together!"

"Alright, so Daniel's the one," Jen declared.

"But how am I supposed to get him to ask me?" I questioned.

"Well, the most important thing is to dress well. Like, attractively. No hoodies," Madelyn explained. "And try to talk to him more."

"Got it," I nodded right as the bell rang.

I waved goodbye to my friends and headed to class.

"Melody!" Oliver called from down the hall, catching up with me.