⁀➷ 14- ROLLER COASTERS

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

Tessa and I did eventually make up in a few day's time.

Ian and I were dating, and rumors about me and others had died down.

And that was how the rest of the week went by.

---

"Mel! Did you hear about the State Fair coming up this weekend?" Tessa asked as I walked up to my friends on Friday.

"Oh, yeah! My mom got like eight tickets."

"Really?" Callie squealed. "I heard that there's going to be a lot more rides than last year! Of course, I'm terrified but still excited."

We cut it down to me, Tessa, Lexi, Callie, Harper, Ian, and two of his friends, Alec and Elliot.

---

"Whoa." I breathed. As Callie had said, there were at least a dozen more rides than last year.

Ian chuckled, squeezing my hand. "Whoa is right."

After we got our wristbands, I immediately ran over to a roller coaster labeled, "The Spinner."

Now this is one I have to ride.

Lexi ran over to me. "We have to ride this one!"

Someone agrees with me.

My mom smiled. "Maybe later. How about we try a more... tame ride first?"

I sighed but obeyed.

---

The sun began to set, and we'd tried 6 boring rides. But Ian also won a giant teddy bear for me! I loved it, although it was a little hard to hold with the can of Sprite in my hand.

Eventually, we started walking towards The Spinner.

"You guys stay here,"my mom instructed. "I'll go get us some food."

"I can help," Ian offered, walking away.

"What's taking them so long?" Elliot asked after about 20 minutes. "I'm gonna go look for them."

With that, he walked off as well.

I began to feel a little nervous as the minutes went by.

What if something happened to them?

"It's okay," Harper reassured me. "I'm sure they're fine and-"

That was when Elliot returned, panting.

"Did you find them?" I asked eagerly.

"Yeah..." Elliot mumbled.

"Then where are they?" I demanded, growing impatient.

Elliot showed me his phone. "See for yourself."

As soon as I saw the picture, I gasped and dropped both items in my hands, not caring as the sticky Sprite splashed all over my favorite sandals.

(Well, now that I think about it, I do care)

Tears forming in my eyes, I quickly dove under the divider and ran off in the other direction.

It felt like my heart was ripped out, broken, burned, hit, strangled, and stomped on, all at the same time.

Because Ian kissed another girl.

Macy.

mhm ,, we're very anti-macy here

-Emmie