⁀➷ 5O- THE MEET CUTE

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

It was a nice Saturday in September and my friends and I were at the mall, in line to get bubble tea so we could fuel our energy.

"What are you getting, Em?" Jen asked, nudging me.

"Huh?" I mumbled, my attention elsewhere.

"What on Earth are you staring at, Melody?" Maddie asked, her eyes tracing the path my eyes were on.

"Oh my gosh, is it that guy over there?" Jen asked.

"Shush! He might hear you," I whispered back.

It was true that I was staring at a guy. A tall, super hot guy. He was with two other guys a bit behind us in line, with fluffy brown hair and super tall, around 6 foot.

Wish I could pull a guy that fine...

Anna cleared her throat. "Anyways... what are you getting?"

"Strawberry smoothie with Star Peach Jelly," I replied, finally looking away.

But as we were paying, I turned around one last time, my eyes wandering in search of the guy.

They stopped short as green met hazel brown.

---

We had just left the boba shop and were walking over to a store when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and it took all my willpower not to scream.

Right behind me was the brown-haired hot guy.

"Hey! Hey. Can I have your Snap?"

My friends and I exchanged looks of surprise.

"I... uh, sure!"

I spotted his two friends a ways behind him, whooping and whistling and cheering him on. After giving him my Snapchat, the boy thanked me and gave me a wink before jogging back to his friends.

I turned back around to my own friends, wide eyed.

Maddie squealed excitedly. "Oh my gosh Em, this is literally the cutest thing!"

"I mean, it could just be a dare... what if he actually does snap me though? Would we meet again? My gosh, did you guys see how hot he was?"

Anna rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, we get it, whatever. Let's go already. American Eagle's not going to shop for itself."

Now why is she acting so weird?

---

I was home, taking a break from my homework when I finally heard from the guy.

( idk how i'm supposed to do this so i just made it like a text conversation bcs i couldnt find any snapchat templates- and besides we switched over to regular texting since its more convenient after this )

We began asking each other things such as age, our families, school, and a bunch of other things. It was nice meeting someone new that I knew nothing about.

---

SUNDAY

"So... how'd it go with the mall dude? Did he message you yet?"

I grinned. "Yeah. We talked last night. His name's Charlie Leonard, 10th grade, Pisces, 5'11, football and swimming, an older brother and a little sister, lives in the next school district that's like 15 minutes away, and apparently he's transferring to our school in a year or so."

"That's a lot, you stalker," Maddie laughed.

"You mean cute stalker. According to Charlie, at least."

"He called you cute?! That's so adorable!" Jenna exclaimed.

"Right? But I still don't know why he asked me for my Snap though, and he-"

"Boo!"

I let out a shriek.

"Oliver! You could've gotten me kicked out!" I scolded in a whisper as the librarian glanced at me. Thank goodness I was on her good side.

I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"So, what's all this about Charlie Puth?" Carter asked.

"Not Charlie Puth. Charlie Leonard. He's the guy I met at the mall Saturday afternoon."

"More guys?" Evan questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I giggled. "Yeah."

"We can always count on Mel to be a player. Back in Cali, she was stuck in a love knot with like, six guys," Reese joked.

I lightly slapped his arm. "Oh shut up, Ree... it was five."

Our friends burst out laughing.

"Hey, but for the record, I'm not a player!"

---

"Charlie Leonard, huh? Should I be concerned?"

I sighe. "Reese, don't you know I can take care of myself?"

He grinned. "Oh, you bet I do. Need I remind you of that time when you kicked my butt after I ruined Alec's surprise birthday party?"

We both laughed.

"If he dares break your heart though, I'm going to beat his ass."

I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder lightly. "It's nothing like that. We're just friends. For now."

"Are you interested?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as we got off the bus.

I shrugged. "He's alright, I guess. After all, I was the one who was staring at him first."

"Yeah, but there's a different between thinking someone's cute and being interested in actually dating them. You need to figure out what's going on in Charlie's mind first."

I nodded.

"And it's not like you know him well either. He's just some rando you met at the mall."

"I know, I know..."

sorry this one's so long you guys i didnt realize i hadnt written one about charlie yet😭