⁀➷ 11- BEACH

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

I stepped out of the school, tears still running.

Where to go, where to go... I'm not going home, I can't go to my any of my friends' houses, and I don't want to bother Adam again...

I took off my heels and picked them up.

I'll go to the beach.

And so, I walked barefoot all the way down to the beach, which was only about a mile or so away.

Panting, I walked down to the shore and dropped my heels in the warm sand. I undid my hair and closed my eyes.

The beach was mostly empty, so I didn't have to worry about anyone looking at me and thinking I was a weirdo.

I sighed as the wind blew, drying my tears and pushing my hair away from my face.

I opened my eyes again, feeling a hundred times better.

What was that all about? I thought as I sat down in the soft white sand, my arms wrapped around my legs.

Tessa and Oliver... Ian and Macy... Julian.

I groaned.

Julian. I think... I rejected him. Great. Isn't life just so amazing? This rejection is probably the worst so far. I mean, it was so sweet with the song and the rose, but... I can't accept someone I don't want, right?

And what is wrong with me these days? Subconsciously crying? It's almost as bad as having a frog in your hair... Reese. What is wrong with HIM? Kissing me while the lights are off? That's low. Even for him.

And Ian. He asked me to dance, so why was he with Macy?

My ongoing thoughts were interrupted by a ragged voice. "Hey there." I whirled around to see a bald man who looked like he was in his 20's or 30's. "Why are you crying? A pretty girl like you should be happy. I can make you happy."

I froze, fear seizing my wits.

Feeling absolute disgust towards the man, I stood up and gave him my best fake smile. "I think I'm good."

The man smirked and took a step towards me.

Panicked, I picked up my heels and ran.

Not even daring to look back, I raced out of the beach area and headed back towards the school.

Tears of fear, panic, and adrenaline streaked down my face as I continued to run. I ran towards the back of the school and into the back door of the band room, which was usually unlocked.

I dashed in the door and shut the door behind me and locked it.

Still in shock, my trembling knees gave out and I collapsed onto the floor.

"Melody?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin at the call of my name and looked up.

Oh. Ian.

"Melody, I-"

"Save your breath," I muttered, looking away.

He held out his hand, offering to help me up, but I pushed it away and got up by myself.

The nice side of me wanted to forgive him, but my mean side prevented me from doing so, making me walk away instead.

Have I mentioned that I can hold a major grudge?

"Melody!" Ian called, walking alongside me as I left the building and began to walk home. "Mel, please, let me explain-"

"I don't see why you'd need to explain, since I don't care." I replied, still not looking at him.

Ian silently walked with me, but after a few minutes, he stopped and groaned.

"Please, Mel, just listen to me!"

This time, I turned around and looked him right in the eyes.

Yes... but no.

"No," I said out loud. "I told you I don't care." I turned back around to start walking again, but he grabbed my wrist, and before I realized what was happening, Ian's lips were on mine.

My eyes grew wide, and for a second, I forgot everything from the past few weeks. But the happiness was replaced by anger as I pushed Ian away.

Tears streamed down my face as I shouted, "What is wrong with you?!" then I turned back around and quickly walked away, not looking back.

yep, almost got kidnapped in 7th grade :p

-Emmie