⁀➷ 6- NIGHTMARES

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

Tessa finally came back and we talked for a while, mostly about the Winter Dance that was in 2 weeks.

"Melody! Tessa! Pizza's here!" Ian called.

Tess and I raced downstairs, the smell of pizza making our stomachs growl.

We all sat down at the table, eating pizza and soda. Somehow, we ended us playing Truth, Dare, or Hot Sauce.

"My turn! Hmm... Melody! Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Who would you prefer to date: Asher, Julian, or Reese?"

I scrunched my nose. "Why Reese?"

Tessa smirked. "No reason. Now answer the question."

"Uh none of them?"

"Oh come on, I know there are a ton of girls fawning over Reese. And Asher's pretty nice," Tessa said, taking a sip of her Coke.

I fake gagged.

"Fine, then tell me what you dislike about them." Tessa compromised.

"Well first of all, Reese is so annoying. I mean seriously, he put a DEAD FROG in my hair last year! You know that already."

Tess snickered. "At least he's cute. What about Julian and Asher?"

"Julian is a nice guy, but he's... I dunno... clingy? I mean he wouldn't get off of me in band."

Ian looked up at this.

I felt my face grow hot. "He was just showing me how to play a B sharp and he kinda... put his arms around me I guess?"

Ian started to form a sentence, but Tess stopped him.

"You should stop right there."

I laughed a little. "It was pretty embarrassing."

"And Asher?"

I sighed. "Asher's cool and all, but we're just so different, and I don't think we fit together that well. And I'm pretty sure he hates me after what happened in Art. Tess, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Give me a hint about who your mysterious crush is," I said with raised eyebrows.

Her face turned tomato red. "Hot sauce." she downed a cup of hot sauce and then turned to Ian. "Truth or dare?"

"Umm... truth."

"You like someone?"

"Why are you even asking? Didn't you find out already?" Ian asked, flustered.

Tess smirked. "Of course. I just want Melody to know."

I immediately blushed.

"Yeah, well I do. My turn. Melody?" Ian asked.

"Uh... dare."

"I dare you to ask out your crush."

"No way. Pass the hot sauce." I mean, seriously? Of course I couldn't do that!

My mouth burned after I swallowed, making me guzzle down my entire can of Sprite. "Tess, truth or dare?" I asked, my mouth still on fire.

"Dare. I don't care what it is, I'm doing it."

"I dare you to tell me why you won't give me a hint!"

"Is it too late to refuse?"

"Yep."

She sighed. "Fine. It's because anything I say about him is going to make it hella obvious. Moving on."

---

After dinner, I changed into my pajamas, a pair of simple gray shorts and a long black shirt that almost completely covered my pants, and brushed my teeth.

"Guest bedroom's that way," Tessa instructed, pointing towards a room down the hall.

I took my bag and went inside, setting it down on the desk.

I collapsed onto the bed with my back on the bed and my knees hanging off the side of it.

My mind kept replaying what happened with Ian.

I... like him. What's wrong with me? I've had so many hopeless crushes in the past. Why won't this be any different?

Someone knocked on the door, and I sat up. Ian's head poked through.

"Night, Melody. If you need anything, just wake me up, 'kay?"

I nodded as my heart started fluttering wildly. "Alright."

He left, and I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

Stupid crush. It'll be over soon. The only thing you can do is be sad when he starts dating another girl.

I went in under the covers and sighed, falling asleep.

---

"Melody! Mel!"

I gasped, sitting up. I was drenched in sweat and my hands were shaking. I'd just had a bad dream that I couldn't even remember.

My eyes focused, and I realized that Ian was right next to me, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Ian?" I whispered, my voice weak.

"Melody... you alright?"

"Nightmare," I mumbled, looking away.

He looked at me with sympathy. "Want me to stay?"

Initially, I was terrified at the thought, but I nodded. Ian laid down next to me, with a large bit of space still between us.

like i said, sooooo cheesy ToT

-Emmie