⁀➷ 45- TRAITOR

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

January 5th, 2022

It was finally the new year! The night of the dance had been the last day before winter break, so I hadn't seen anyone from school for about two to three weeks.

I got dressed in a simple sweater plus wide leg jeans combo and headed towards the bus stop.

---

On the way to homeroom, I noticed Anna at her locker and went to greet her, but she shut the door in my face and walked away.

Obviously, I was confused. But I shrugged it off and headed to class.

"Hey, do you know why An's mad at me?" I asked Jen, who thankfully sat behind me.

Jenna shrugged. "Why would she be mad at you?"

"That's what I wanna know," I mumbled back as the bell rang.

---

During 3rd period, Madelyn rushed over as soon as she saw me.

"You're not going to believe this."

"What?"

"You said Anna's been acting weird right? Well I heard from Max B., who heard from Max H., who heard from Allison, who heard from Sarah, who heard Anna telling Layla that she thinks you're a two-faced bitch for dancing with Oliver White at Winter Formal," Madi said, gasping for breath at the end.

My jaw dropped. "Is she for real? Oliver's the one who asked me!"

"I know- and there's even a rumor going around that you even kissed him."

"I- what- we didn't!"

I sighed.

It's going to be a looong day.

---

Study Hall

I was in the library in our usual spot with Maddie and Jen when Anna stormed over.

"Really, Melody? You better explain yourself."

I looked back up at her with the same amount of sass. "Explain what? I didn't do anything wrong."

"You sure about that? What about at the formal? The way you were so shamelessly dancing with the guy you clearly knew I liked, even after telling me he didn't mean anything to you?"

"And what's so wrong about that? We were dancing, An. Dancing. Is it a crime now to dance with a friend?"

"But you know it wasn't just dancing. I could see the smile in Oliver's eyes- the one that screams, 'I'm in love!'"

I scoffed. "Maybe him, but not me. Why are you making me the villain here? You realize I can't control anything he feels? If he likes me, then so be it. But I'm not the one here doing you wrong. You're making such a big deal out of nothing."

"It's not nothing, you traitor!" Anna shouted.

With that, she was kicked out of the library and given detention.

Serves her right...

whoops that was a pretty short one 🤭

-emms