⁀➷ 29- FINALLY , FREE

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

"I know it's Connor."

I looked at Callie, trying to mask my panic with confusion. "W-whaaat? What are you t-talking about?"

"You're secretly in love with Connor," she replied casually, leaning back on the headboard of her bed. "Don't even bother trying to hide it from me, everyone knows that you stutter when you lie."

I ended up confessing the whole story to Callie. At the end of my rant, she nodded sympathetically. "I honestly can't blame you. Ian's a total jerk anyways."

I nodded, looking down. "He wasn't like this when I first started dating him... I wonder what happened with him?"

Cal mused, "Yeah... you should fess up soon though- better tell him sooner than later."

I groaned into one of Cal's stuffed animals. "Ughhhh. I just feel so guilty every time I think about him!"

"Well technically, if you just broke up with him first, then you'd be able to date Connor freely-"

"But that's the thing!" I let myself fall back onto the fluffy blanket. "Do you really expect Ian to handle the fact that I broke up with him to date his friend well?"

Cal shrugged. "Probably not, but he'll have to deal with it. Besides, if you really loved Ian, you would have never fallen for Connor."

"That's... true."

"Ian's messed up one too many times already. He missed his chance. How many second chances have you given him? 7th grade- he asked you to dance, then ditched you for Macy. And no, before you ask, there's no excuse. He literally could've just declined.

Then with the spider- you forgave him less than a week after that incident. And let's not forget when Ian broke up with you because he was moving to Canada with his dad. He didn't even give you a proper explanation! But he did apologize sincerely, so I suppose that makes up for some of his stupidity."

"Cal-"

"I'm not done yet. My point is, you need to stop feeling guilty. I'm not saying that cheating on Ian was the right thing, but to be honest, he kind of does deserve it. Ian's already hurt you so much. Don't you see?

But somehow, you keep coming back to him. Look, I can't make decisions for you, but as your best friend, I'll say one more thing- you don't deserve this. You don't deserve to have to guilt shame yourself because of some shitty mistakes your idiot playboy boyfriend made."

I sat in silence, thinking over what Callie had said. "You're right. Thanks, Cal."

"Of course. Anyways- how are are things with Connor?"

---

Monday

"Hey, is it true that you're dating Connor Jeong?"

"Um, n-no."

The girl grinned and ran off to her friends, whispering to them as they shuffled away.

I rolled my eyes. Half the school had asked me that question already.

I headed to 7th period. Focus had already been embarrassing enough to last me the entire year- a bunch of people had come up to me and Connor one by one, asking me the same question that girl had asked.

"Hey Connor, look! It's your girlfriend," Ethan teased, emphasizing the last word.

"Shut up, Ethan," Connor mumbled, although he looked up at me and winked.

I smiled under my mask and proceeded to sit next to Lexi.

"Hey, neither of them are denying it!" Sam chortled.