⁀➷ 22- COUSINS

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

7 / 2 / 21

I was at the airport with my parents and siblings to pick up my cousin Ava and aunt Lana, who were staying at our house for the week.

"Ava!" I called, noticing a girl I recognized at the crowded airport.

"Meeeelody!" she shouted in a sing-song voice, noticing me too.

"I can't believe you're here!"

Ava and I'd always been extremely close.

---

"This is your room? Wow, it's much prettier than mine!"

"Really? Last time I checked, your room was most envied by our other cousins." I checked the time. "Oh shoot, I gotta go to swim practice."

"I'll go with you! I have nothing to do anyways."

"Sure."

And so, we got to the pool, but the literal strangest thing happened.

After I changed into my swimsuit and was about to put my swim cap on as I came out of the locker room, I saw Ava talking to Ian, looking all giggly and flirty.

Siiiiiigh. I forgot to tell Ava about Ian... but it doesn't seem like they'll stop talking anytime soon...

So, I took out my phone and stared typing a new announcement.

what do you do if you see your cousin flirting with your bf?

I announced it and put my phone away, walking off to the pool.

---

Later, I went into Wattpad again, hoping someone had replied.

One that especially caught my eye read, "slowly walk behind then and give your bf a behind the back hug, kiss your bf on the cheek, and say, " Hey, BABE how are you? Hi ( insert cousins name ) how are you? "

I internally smirked.

Perfect.

---

I saw Ava and Ian talking again while waiting for my mom to pick us up, giving me a chance.

I crept up behind them, trying to eavesdrop.

"Oh, Ian... your arms look so muscular..."

( obviously she didnt say THAT but i dont remember and she was being a total pick me so we'll go with it :)

I gagged as Ava put her hand on my boyfriend's arm, fluttering her eyelashes. "You know, I really-"

I quickly walked up behind Ian and wrapped my arms around his waist, making him turn around. I then kissed his cheek, saying, "Hey, babe how are you?"

But before I could say the next thing, Ian moved so that his arm was around my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

"Perfect, just like you." he said.

I smiled and turned to my cousin. "Hey Ava, how are you?"

She blinked once, then twice. "You two are a c-couple?"

I smirked at her.

I could see Ava's face growing red with anger, her left eye twitching.

"Seriously?" Ava pointed a finger at me. "This brat is seriously overrated! Why would you like a girl like her?!"

Ian's grip around my shoulders tightened. "Insult my girlfriend again and you'll regret it."

Ava stayed still for a second, then stormed off with a huff. When she was out of view, I smiled at my boyfriend.

"You're the best, Ian."

yes, there's a part 2 >-<

-Emmie