⁀➷ 13- CONFESSIONS

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

When I got back home, I found Harper waiting for me in my room.

My mom took Malina to cheerleading practice, and my dad was at Michael's soccer game, so no one was home except for us.

Harper looked at me closely as I sat down next to her on my bed.

"Something other than Julian happened at the dance yesterday, right?" she asked.

"What? How did you-?"

"There's just something off about you. Now spill."

"Well... it doesn't start with the dance," I mumbled, keeping my eyes down.

She eyed me suspiciously. "Then where does it start?"

"It starts with... my crush on Ian."

Harper's eyes grew wide. "What?!"

So I told her the whole story, starting from what happened at the dance and the beach all the way to what happened today.

"That's... a lot of drama to take in." Harper let out a sigh. "You-"

She was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

Confused, Harper and I went downstairs to see who it was.

I opened the door to reveal a super cute, light brown haired boy that I'd been trying to get over.

"Ian?"

"Melody." he responded, his charming golden brown eyes finding my green ones. "We need to talk."

I chewed on my bottom lip, a nervous habit of mine. I couldn't deny that we really did need to talk, so I nodded and let him inside.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Harper left after mouthing "Good luck!" to me.

I bit my lip even harder as we went upstairs.

"So..." I mumbled awkwardly, sitting down on my bed. "I'm pretty sure I know what you want to talk about."

"Yeah," Ian rubbed the back of his neck tensely as he sat down next to me. "So... now will you let me explain?"

I bit my lip so hard that I could taste the metallic taste of blood. "Fine."

Ian took a deep breath. "First of all, I'm not the one who asked Macy to dance. She just came up to me and asked me to dance with her, not the other way around. I didn't want to decline, so I accepted since I knew you were in the bathroom."

I silently sighed with relief.

"And  secondly, why'd you kiss Reese?" he whispered the question.

I looked away, my cheeks hot.

"I-I don't know. I was just a little... confused. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm sorry," Ian said, scooting closer to me. "And there's... one last thing."

"What is it?" I asked, my heart beating faster and faster.

I felt one of his hands on mine as Ian whispered, "I really like you, Melody."

Then, he leaned in and kissed my lips.

Shocked, I stayed still for a split second until I kissed him back, finally feeling the happiness I'd missed.

When we finally pulled away, my face was on fire.

"What about Macy?" I questioned. "Weren't you just with her today?"

"Actually, no. I rejected her."

"Really? Wait, but if Macy's out of the question... what does that make us?"

Ian grinned. "What do you want us to be?"

I blushed, whispering," Oh you know."

"Then that's what we'll be," Ian replied, bringing me in for a hug.

"Aww!"

Both Ian and I jumped up in surprise, turning to the doorway.

There, Harper stood with a smug look on her face.

"Didn't you leave?" I asked.

Her grin grew into a smirk. "At first, yeah. But you know how I feel about drama."

Tessa also peeked her head in, along with Callie and Lexi.

I looked away, still feeling hurt inside.

"So..." Tessa chuckled awkwardly. "This finally happened, huh? I've been telling Ian to man up since forever."

"Well, I guess you manned up too," I muttered. "I mean, Oliver? What is it that you see in him?"

"WHAT?!" Lexi and Callie shrieked.

Tessa sighed, ignoring them. "This is why I didn't tell you."

"Yeah, but this is Oliver Bryant we're talking about. The same guy we've hated since 1st grade."

"Yeah, but back then I didn't-"

"Okay, am I the only one that has no idea what's going on?" Ian asked.

"Nope," Lexi and Callie both shook their heads.

"You didn't know? Oliver and Tessa are a thing now."

Lexi and Callie gasped dramatically.

Ian turned to me. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw them dancing together at the dance. Slow dancing."

Ian's expression grew furious as he turned back to his sister. "You-"

But she wasn't there.

tbh i regret dating him :pp

-Emmie