⁀➷ 1- RACING

-𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲-

I flopped down onto my bed, sighing as I checked my phone.

Any new texts? Nope. Any missed calls? Nope.

It's Saturday and there's nothing to do. Boredom is cruel, isn't it?

I sighed, getting up. I changed into some black leggings, a white shirt, and a baseball cap.

Sliding down the banister, I quickly went into the garage and pulled out my pale blue bike.

"Mom! I'm going for a quick ride!" I yelled.

Then I leapt onto my bike I took a deep breath as the wind swept across my face, blowing my hair away.

Oh, outdoors. How I've missed you.

I rode past Lexi, Harper, Callie, and Tessa's houses. We all lived next to each other, with my house in the middle.

I started pedaling faster and faster, continuing as I passed my street and rounded the corner. But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a brown haired boy on a red bike behind me, hot on my heels.

He caught up to me and slowed down, riding along right beside me.

"Race you to the pool!" he yelled, and I grinned, accepting.

The neighborhood pool was a few streets away, so I pedaled even harder.

"I win!" he shouted, stopping right next to the entrance of the pool.

"Hello to you too, Reese," I laughed with an eye roll.

Reese lives across the street, and he comes over all the time. He and I are pretty good friends, even though he practically makes my life a living hell.

Last year in science, we did a frog dissection, and he had the nerve to put the dead frog in my hair! (He actually did this to me and I swear I was this close to killing him) Oh, how I hated him after that. But we still are pretty close, always challenging each other at swim practice.

Speaking of challenges...

"Hey Reese, I bet you won't beat me on the way back home."

"20 dollars."

"Five."

"Deal."

And we sped off.

But just as I was about to pass Reese, he dumped half the contents of his water bottle onto me.

I gasped and lost balance, tumbling into a neighbor's lawn.

"REESE HALL, YOU'RE A DEAD MAN!" I yelled.

Reese just laughed and continued going.

I got back onto my bike and pedaled furiously after him.

By the time I reached my house, Reese was already there, leaning against the mailbox.

"I won. Now pay up," he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "You don't deserve it."

"Oh but I do," he replied, batting his eyelashes and stepping closer to me. "I won fair and square."

I punched his shoulder with a giggle. "If you call drenching a girl to win being 'fair and square' then yes, you did. But since I'm nicer than you, I'll give you the money this time."

Reese whooped and followed me as I went inside.

"Hey, Dawn." he said, petting my dog on the head. "I'm only here for the money though. Sorry."

Dawn looked at him as if to say, "What?! You should be here to see me."

We went into my room and I handed him the money.

As we went back downstairs, Michael appeared, and eyed Reese suspiciously as he got onto his bike.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"See ya, Mel!" Reese shouted, already halfway down the street.

"Be prepared for some serious payback!"

"Looking forward to it!"

I laughed and went back inside and upstairs to my room.

Friends really can brighten your day.

just wait, it gents more interesting <3

-Emmie