THAT MAN

"Ah ah ah, ah ah ah, the beautiful scenery of the West Lake in March, the spring rain is like wine and the willow is like smoke....."

That night, Tao Mu, who returned to the dormitory with the script, at Du Kang's strong request, brought the three roommates in dormitory 301, and more than 20 students from class 1 of '08 Beijing Film to Night. In Du Kang's words, Tao Mu received such a good script so he had to treat everyone to dinner to celebrate. Of course, the root cause was whether or not Du Kang was afraid that Tao Mu would put on a face mask at midnight to scare him, then only Du Kang knew.

Recently, the food he had been eating was very nourishing. So when Tao Mu entered the private room, he subconsciously called Wen Juxiang's order number and ordered a table of mutton hotpot. Wen Bao's father cooked the food himself, and had a worker bring it along with the hot pot. Wen Bao was amused: "Eating mutton hotpot while karaoking, brother, you sure know how to enjoy yourself."

"I'm just afraid you'll be hungry after singing later. So let's sing while eating." In any case, the private room was big enough.

Several boys immediately clapped their hands and whistled to show their support. There was a saying in China that the growing boys could eat their old man poor, and even the boys in the drama department could not resist their physical needs. Besides, the living environment of male artists in the entertainment industry was relatively better than that of female artists. It didn't matter if they were fatter, thinner, taller, shorter, or a bit ugly. So long as they had the acting skills and connections, they would always find acting jobs. They were not afraid to eat late-night snacks, and they even ate very happily. The beer in Night was moved into their room in crates, and the boys could demolish seven to eight cases of beer all by themselves.

The girls were a different story. They had to consider weight management, and did not dare to eat. But looking at the food they also got the cravings. One must know that Wen Juxiang's mutton hotpot was a time-honored brand in Beijing. Usually, a plate of meat was 70 to 80 yuan, and the per capita consumption was above 200 yuan. In 2009, most students could not hold this level of consumption. Therefore, the girls were particularly conflicted when eating this meal. On the one hand, they were afraid of getting fat, and on the other hand, they were reluctant to waste the opportunity. So they could only eat the cabbage, mushrooms, fish balls and shrimp balls in the hotpot. Acting like they were eating poison whenever they picked a piece of mutton. So of course they did not dare to touch the beer even more.

Du Kang looked at them on the side and felt tired for them: "I say, you might as well have a good meal. It's no big deal, you can just go on a diet tomorrow."

"Don't keep talking about us!" The girls were unconvinced and deliberately teased: "I say, Du Kang, half of this semester has passed. Except for the AA system, you didn't treat anyone to a meal. Isn't that not very buddy of you?"

"Yeah. Last time you filmed in the crew of "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood", didn't you also get a small three thousand yuan in payment. Yet you don't say to treat us to a meal." A boy echoed with a smirk: "Why don't you pay today's bill."

"I don't have any money!" Du Kang cried out his poverty: "Besides, we sing karaoke and eat mutton hotpot today. There are so many of us, it will be at least 10,000 yuan in total. Towards such a large amount of money, only our big boss Mu can afford it. Yet you ask me to pay the bill. Just look at my clothes, is it even worth five hundred yuan in total?"

"Tsk!" Du Kang's remarks were ridiculed by everyone. But no one refuted Du Kang's words. After all, Tao Mu was a rich guy who could spend 9 million yuan to invest in a crew. He was different from these poor students.

To talk about the reason why Tao Mu was now able to have his call be responded to en masse in Beijing Film, even if he pulled his classmates to have dinner in the late evening, not a single classmate refused. In addition to Tao Mu's popularity, there was also the reason that he could invest in film crews. Although the college students living in the ivory tower have not yet been tainted by society, and have not acquired too many utilitarian habits. But the instinct to seek advantage and avoid disadvantage was part of human nature. Tao Mu had money and could be an investor, and when he became an investor, he could introduce these classmates into the crew.