HUMAN HEART & LIAR

Beijing Film stipulated that freshman and sophomore students were not allowed to go out to take acting jobs, which meant that they were not allowed to ask for leave from classes to film because Beijing Film implemented the attendance system and the classroom assessment system. The weight of attendance and in-class assessment was 50% of the final exam. That was to say, if a student's attendance did not meet the standard, no matter how many points they scored in the professional course test at the end of the term, it would be considered a failed class.

But in fact, if students used weekends or winter and summer vacations to go out to film or take up other jobs, Beijing Film didn't mind at all. Because the school had no way to restrict what students do in their spare time. Students were even encouraged to use their spare time to film. For a well-known reason——training one's acting skills and camera sense.

As everyone knows, although theory and practice were equally important, they were never the same thing. What Beijing Film students learn in school was only theoretical knowledge, including the usual rehearsals and end of term drama performances. All their studies and practice was to prepare them for when they truly stood in front of the lens.

But camera sense was not something that could be learned by practice. Lighting, movement, drama feel, these subtle details that would be concentrated and magnified in front of the camera, all required the actors to hone their skills in front of the camera again and again to eventually reach the point where it was natural and perfect.

And this kind of opportunity could not be given by classroom rehearsals. Therefore, Beijing Film also hoped that students could find opportunities to act in their spare time——whether it was to join a crew or to act in stage dramas. They must experience and become familiar with what it was like to actually shoot a film or perform on stage.

It was just that in order to control the filming quality Beijing Film students received, students must report to the school after receiving the film offer. Some scripts that not only couldn't hone their acting skills, but may also have a bad influence on the students——for example, some idiotic idol dramas, even if the students want to take it, the school would not agree.

But "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood" was definitely not within the scope of the school's rejection.

But even so, when Sun Yi, the head teacher of the 2008 class of Beijing Film, received the filming application from Tao Mu and Wen Bao, and learned that Tao Mu had been persuaded by Director Zhou Hong to invest 9 million yuan in order to act in such a role, he was still extremely incensed.

Sun Yi immediately called Zhou Hong and scolded the old guy for being immoral——putting aside that you cheated investment funds from a student of Beijing Film, in any case, this kid Tao Mu was quite rich now. But in order to attract investment, you actually shamelessly used such a role to lure in 9 million yuan in investment, just for such a traitorous character who was dislikeable and had limited screen time. Aren't you being a bit of a bully?

Even if Tao Mu was an orphan, Beijing Film would not allow outsiders to bully their Beijing Film students like this.

Zhou Hong on the other end of the phone could only chuckle ingratiatingly. And he also repeated the words Screenwriter Fan used to persuade Tao Mu before (the role of Su Dingbang was very important, highlighting the depth of the script) to persuade Sun Yi.

However, Sun Yi was not as easy to fool as Tao Mu: "Stop talking nonsense with me. You could try to find an investor with your shabby script, and use the role you said was very important to fool others and see if other investors will even spare you a look?"

"I say, old Zhou, one must be kind. You can't fool our child just because he is young. Although he is still young, 9 million yuan is quite a lot. With the 9 million yuan, even if he gathered a crew to support himself as the male lead, the funds are more than enough, let alone a crew like yours?"