CONVERSATION

The next morning, Tao Mu was awakened by brother Feng slamming on the door.

"It's been soaking for a whole night. What should we do next?" With wide bloodshot eyes, brother Feng looked at Tao Mu with extreme excitement. That appearance was of a man who hadn't slept all night.

"Next, don't do anything." After finally falling asleep only to be woken up, Tao Mu said with a stern face: "Let it be marinated in the pot. When it's noon, I'll roast the chicken feet. I'll need cumin, white sesame and chili flour. Do you have them in the store?"

Brother Feng nodded fiercely: "We have all the condiments. Only, there is no oven. I'll go to the skewers shop next door to borrow one later. Their shop will not open until four o'clock in the evening."

Tao Mu left these small details to the other.

Approaching noon, Tao Mu, Da Mao and Xiao Pang went downstairs after sleeping well. The small restaurant was noisy and almost all the tables were full.

Tao Mu directly went into the back kitchen and opened the big iron pot simmering chicken feet, and found that the marinated chicken feet in it were reduced by more than half.

Tao Mu turned to look at brother Feng. Brother Feng scratched his face embarrassedly, and grinned stupidly: "Aha, it was so fragrant, I couldn't hold myself back, so I gnawed on a few."

After speaking, he even suggested to Tao Mu: "Eating rice mixed with that marinade sauce is very delicious. You should try it too."

Tao Mu: "......"

With the help of brother Feng, Tao Mu moved the remaining half of his chicken feet to the entrance of the restaurant. Sister Ping specially borrowed the skewers stove next door and set it up outside the restaurant. Brother Feng rolled up his sleeves and burned charcoal to make a fire, fanning the rising smoke away with a big fan.

Tao Mu returned to the back kitchen to prepare barbecue ingredients. Sister Ping and brother Feng helped to string the remaining chicken feet on bamboo sticks.

The chicken feet had soaked in the secret marinade sauce for a whole night and by itself it exuded a strong fragrance. When it was put over the fire and the meaty braised chicken feet were gradually licked by the flames, an even more attractive barbecue fragrance bursted out instantly. Then sprinkle it with cumin, sesame and chili flour. When the dripping hot oil fell down the bamboo skewers, the fire in the stove leaped up, and the white smoke filled the whole street with a strong aroma. The entire street was permeated with the aroma of grilled chicken feet.

Luo Yang, who insisted on pulling his childhood friend to visit the film set, sniffed his nose and turned the steering wheel, following the smell to find the entrance of the small restaurant. At a glance, he saw Tao Mu, who was standing in front of the skewers stove as a chef.

"Hey, I didn't expect you to have this craft." Luo Yang opened the door and got out of the car. Looking at Tao Mu's skillful movements, and smelling the rich smell of meat from the skewers stove, it made him more and more curious. He approached Tao Mu and asked with a smiling face, "How much is one stick, give me a hundred yuan worth for now."

"We eat it ourselves, it's not for sale." Tao Mu said concisely, staring at the chicken feet on the grill attentively. He grabbed a handful of spices to sprinkle on it occassionally while also maintaining control of the heat.

Unwilling to give up, Luo Yang continued to dawdle: "Then give me two sticks. Everyone is a friend here and talking about money does hurt feelings."

"I say, why are you so thick-skinned!" Da Mao couldn't bear it anymore, and he opened his mouth, "And you even dare to mention the word 'friends'. Have you forgotten that time you used the fire hose against our brother Mu."