ROOMMATE

"Wu!"

The dazzling sunlight sneaked in through the gaps in the curtains, slid across the floor and touched the bed. The golden rays crawled over the soft and fluffy quilt, gently kissed the owner's collarbone, chin, bridge of nose, and finally landed on the eyelids.

The dazzling sunlight flickered over his eyes. Very annoying!

The sleeping person closed his eyes tightly in an unhappy manner. The thick eyelashes were like butterfly wings trembling, casting two fan-shaped shadows under the eyelids. He fumbled and grabbed the quilt and pulled it up over his head, curling up into a ball under the quilt as he turned over and continued to sleep. Suddenly a noisy knocking sounded from the door, followed by the doorbell which went "Ding Dong Ding Dong".

How could there be a two-pronged attack!

"Wu!" Tao Mu unconsciously uttered a small puppy dog whine from his throat and opened his eyes in a daze. The ceiling above his head and the slightly unfamiliar furnishings in the room confused him for a moment. Immediately after the return of awareness, Tao Mu sat up still hugging the quit and the memory of last night slowly returned.

The ringing of the doorbell went "Ding Dong Ding Dong" several more times before Tao Mu slowly got up and went to open the door.

Early in the morning, Song Daozhen rolled out the wonton wrappers in the back kitchen and personally wrapped more than fifty small wontons filled with green onions and pork, Tao Mu's favorite, and then carried a bag of seaweed, a bag of mustard greens, a handful of coriander and a bag of dried shrimp as he took the two mile walk to Tao Mu's apartment. Song Daozhen stared at Tao Mu, who looked asleep on his feet, half of his face covered in red sleep marks. He couldn't help but nag: "Why haven't you gotten up yet? Don't you have to report to school this morning? It's already past seven o'clock, why aren't you up. Did you stay up late to play on the computer last night? You say, it's a good thing that I stopped by. Otherwise, with no one to wake you, you wouldn't have even noticed that you slept past the time. You say, kids nowadays, ah, why act like night owls! Not sleeping at night, and not getting up in the morning. Don't you know that going to bed early and getting up early is good for your health! Staying up so late every day sooner or later your body will break down....."

Listening to old man Song's nagging, Tao Mu stretched out his hand to scratch his messy hair, narrowed his big eyes into a seam and leaned against the kitchen, "....I wasn't playing on the computer. I was doing real business matters..... The opening time of the stock market in China and the international oil futures market is at that point, what can I do? It's not like I can have a big organization change their times for me alone? Just so I can go to bed early and get up early? It can't be!"

"Don't talk back with this kind of useless stuff!" Song Daozhen gave Tao Mu an irritated glare and carried the ingredients into the kitchen. Seeing Tao Mu following behind him like a small tail and still in a daze, old man Song was actually very happy inside. But on the surface he put up a stern face and lectured, "Hurry up and wash your face. You move quickly, don't dawdle, or else the small wontons will go soggy."

Tao Mu let out a soft "Uh", sniffed hard, and asked his old man: "Did you bring me two flatbread? I want to eat the flatbread you make. I want salted flatbread, but mung bean and white sugar is also not bad."

"You sure have a lot of requests. If you want to eat, go make it yourself. Didn't I teach you?" Song Daozhen snorted. Speaking of this, he was reminded that Tao Mu had applied to Beijing Film, and suddenly became angry: ".....Not learning perfectly good craftsmanship, but insisting on studying such a damn major. You say, just how many people in China want to become celebrities? Besides, is it a long-term plan to make a living with your face? The way I see it, you kid just learned badly from that group of "Night" people. Every day thinking about getting something for nothing....."