GIFTS & CONCERNS

Guo Yaning's studio was too far from the Houhai Orphanage, and Tao Mu did not have a car. So Li Xiaoheng had to drive to pick up Tao Mu first, and the two would go back together.

During the period, Tao Mu also called his Xiao Qi Dad, apologizing for forgetting the promised dinner when he was busy with work. By the way, he also brought a friend back to dinner. Because it involved Li Xiaoheng, Tao Mu put the phone on speaker.

The reason why dean Tao suggested that everyone go back to the orphanage to eat dumplings was to comfort Xiao Tao Mu. Everyone around Tao Mu knew of Tao Mu's habit of forgetting to sleep and eat as soon as he started to work. If it was in normal times, they would definitely call to remind Tao Mu. But today's situation was different. If Tao Mu could forget the bad news on the Internet because of his focus on work, it would be a good thing for everyone.

However, this kind of habit of forgetting to eat when working must be criticized.

Li Xiaoheng drove on the side. It was already eight o'clock in the evening, and they had missed the evening rush hour, so the vehicles were speeding on the streets. While driving, Li Xiaoheng secretly glanced at Tao Mu from the corner of his eye. The dazzling neon lights converged into flickering light spots, and the brilliant nightlife was reflected on Tao Mu's face, making his outline appear more gentle and deep.

"Is dean Tao the dean of the orphanage where you stayed?" Li Xiaoheng never avoided sensitive topics when talking to Tao Mu, not because he didn't care about Tao Mu's mood. On the contrary, it was because he cared very much, so he was always blunt.

"I feel this dean Tao soumds like a very amiable person."

Tao Mu smiled and said, "En. The children in our orphanage like to call her Grandma Tao."

"I heard about what happened on the Internet." Li Xiaoheng steered the steering wheel, turned right along the lane, and after turning the corner, he continued, "You must be very unhappy."

Tao Mu didn't say a word. He didn't know what to say.

"When you are not happy, think about happy things. I have a gift for you." Li Xiaohang suddenly changed the subject, and signaled Tao Mu to pick up the two contracts he had the lawyer prepared for a long time: "Although I say it is a gift, actually it is a reward you deserve. Just don't blame me for presenting the Buddha with borrowed flowers." (TN: idiom meaning to win favor or influence using someone else's property)

What did he mean?

Tao Mu opened the folder suspiciously, then his gaze paused——it turned out to be the contract for Tao Mu becoming a business partner of Xiaoheng Capital. It clearly stated that after Tao Mu became a partner of Xiaoheng Capital, he would get 5% of the shares, belonging to technology shares.

"This is too much." Tao Mu frowned. He didn't finish looking through the contract and handed it back directly: "Brother Li, you don't need to do this."

"I think it is very necessary." Because of the chat, Li Xiaoheng slowed down the speed of driving slightly and said: "Before you refuse, you should think about how much money you have made for Xiaoheng Capital in the international futures market in the past six months. There is an attachment in the contract. The table records the return on earnings of Xiaoheng Capital in the third and fourth quarters. We shorted oil in July and at that time, the price of oil was about 148M yuan per barrel. By now, the price of oil has fallen below 40M gold. In other words, your joining has allowed Xiaoheng Capital to increase its assets by dozens of times in just six months. Now the entire Wall Street is looking for you, the chief analyst. Don't you think I should act first and directly recruit you over to my side, a short-selling genius, and firmly tie you to Xiaoheng Capital?"