Preference #78: You self harm

Liam: You were going through a tough time. Your boyfriend at the time cheated on you with your best friend since birth. Your parents were getting a divorce. Anything and everything was going wrong in your life and you felt like the only way to go through the pain was self harm. It only happened three times, then you stopped knowing this wasn’t the right thing to do. Liam saw the scars on your leg and instantly thought it was because of him. “Please. It wasn’t me was it. Please tell me. I can fix it.” he begs. “Hey-” you tilt his chin up to look at you, “This was before we met. My life was horrible and I thought that was the answer.” “But it’s not.” he pleads. “I know it’s not. I haven’t done it in a while. And I don’t plan on doing it anytime soon.” you say, trying to reassure him. “Promise?” he asks. “Promise.”

Niall: It’s been three months since you’ve done it. You keep telling yourself you’re stronger than the words people yell at you. But it get’s to the point where you’re pacing back and forth in the bathroom, debating whether it’s worth it or not. Niall’s caught on to your actions, knowing about your past. He’d usually be there to stop you from doing it, but today he wasn’t. You wanted him to hug you and tell you you’re so much better then them. Because to be honest, you believed him more than yourself. You run to your phone, and dial Niall’s number. “Hey babe!” his irish accent rang through the phone. “Niall!” you say thru tears. “Babe what’s wrong?” “I’m scared.” you cry. “Hey, listen to me. You’re a beautiful, strong, amazing girl. Whom I’m madly in love with. Don’t listen to anyone okay? I love you and that’s all the matters.” he reassures.

Louis: “And this one?” Louis points to a scar on your forehead. “Pulled a crock pot off the counter and landed on my head.” you laugh. “Of course you did. That’s totally you.” he pokes fun at you. You roll your eyes, “This one.” he points to your upper arm. You bite your lip, “Scissors.” you confess. Louis’s face drops, “Why?” was all he asked. You couldn’t think of a legitimate excuse other than the real reason. “I was feeling worthless and lonely. No one cared-” “I do. I care more than anyone in the world. It’s my fault. I should’ve known something was up. I’m sorry this happened to you and I will do everything in my power to make sure you never feel that way ever again. I promise you.” he had tears in your eyes. “It’s not your fault. It’s your job, and I can’t ask you to give that up. I promise I’ll never do it again.” you say. “Promises we’ll both keep.” he seals it with a kiss. 

Harry: “I can’t believe this!” “I’m sorry Harry.” “God.” he was furious. “I’m sorry.” you repeat. He stomps upstairs into his bedroom. You sat there on the couch, looking at your arms and wrists. You let the tears that were threatening to spill over come out. “I’m sorry.” you mumble again. You quickly wipe them away and grab your coat that was placed on the kitchen counter. You let out a sigh, and head towards the front door. Just as you entered the hallway towards the door, Harry came running down the stairs. You turn towards him, he had your razor in his hand and rolled his sleeve up. You drop your coat, and run over to him to stop him, but you were to late. “Stop!” you yell at him, swiping the razor away. “It’s not fun watching someone you love hurt their self intentionally is it?” he asks. You shake your head no. “Then please stop. For you. For me. I don’t ever want to do that again. I don’t want to see you like that ever again. Please.” he gently kisses you. “Okay. Okay. I promise.”

Zayn: How could you have been so stupid. Zayn obviously didn’t have feelings for you, and you just ruined your friendship with him. You run into your flat, and straight towards your bedroom. You open the bottom drawer of your dresser, grabbing a pair a scissors. “I’m so stupid.” you say aloud. “So, so, so stupid.” you repeat. You bring the blade to your wrist, but instantly drop them to the floor. You tried again, but failed to make it move. You had a battle with the scissors for five minutes, only  making small cuts that weren‘t even close to ones you‘ve done before. You eventually curled up in a ball. You must of cried yourself to sleep because you were laying in bed with Zayn tending to your wrists. “Hey beautiful.” he says cleaning the last one. He had tears in his eyes as he curled up next to you, his forehead touching yours. “You’re so beautiful you know that? You ran away before I could tell you that. And next thing I know, you’re on the floor with blood on your wrists.” “You don’t have to do this Zayn. You don’t have to fake feelings for me. I’ve had enough pity to last a lifetime.” you say. “It’s not pity. And these are defiantly not fake feelings. And I’m not lying when I say you’re beautiful and everything I need in life. Just don’t do this again.’ you nod and fall asleep wrapped in his arms.