Preference #26: You bring him home

Harry- You look over at Harry, deep in conversation with your little brother. You smile and continue the conversation you’re having with your mom. Dinner at your house, and having Harry meet the family, was turning out great. You see your little sister whizz past you, your dad, and your mom before stopping at Harry’s feet. “Harry! Harry! Look at my dolly!” She yells, shoving her favorite doll as far up in his face as her not-so-long five year old arms can reach. He looks down at her and smiles, his conversation momentarily paused. He bends down and takes the doll in his hands inspecting it with a serious face. “Hm. Just as I thought.” He hands her the doll, her face caked with worry. “She is beautiful. Just like you. But you’re just a bit more than her.” He whispered the last part. Her face lit up and she practically floated out of the room. He stands once more and catches your eye. You fall a little harder when he smiles his perfect smile and continues his conversation, winning over another member’s approval.

Louis- “Louis! Louis!” Children ran through-out your uncle’s giant house. Louis stomped into the front room, covered in your cousin’s kids, brother’s kids, sister’s kids. Kids all over him. He groaned and looked up at you for help. Instead you yelled, “Someone get the camera! Fast!” Your aunt came running and snapped a picture before he could say a protest. Once the kids were all off of him and eating, he sat down next to you. “You traitor! I was being attacked by a bunch of little children, and you didn’t save me!” He joked in a harsh whisper, even adding a mock glare. “Oh please. You attacked them first, otherwise they wouldn’t of been so attached to you. That’s going to happen everytime we come back here, just saying.” He groaned and let his head fall onto your shoulder in exhaustion. “You love the attention. Think of it this way, it’s just extra practice for our kids.” He met your eyes with a smile on his face. You winked, very proud of what you said.

Liam- “Hello Liam.” Your father says sternly, taking Liam’s hand and shakes it. Liam offers him a pained smiled. “Hello sir.” He greets. Your mother rushes in the room, pulling you into a hug. “Hello darling, hello Liam. Dinner’s almost ready, come sit.” She grabs your hands, leading you into the dinning room. The rest of the night is full of interrogations from your dad, jokes from your siblings, and stories from your mother. You lean down to his ear, whispering as dad takes another break from his questions. “Don’t let him bother you, let him get it all out.” He just smiles. “I don’t mind it at all babe. In fact, I’m glad I came.” He looks back up to your father, answering every question honestly. Your father likes him.

Niall- “Wanna do something Friday night?” He asks. You put your shoes on. You’ve been spending more and more time with Niall lately, watching movies at his place, going for ice cream. Doing a bunch of sweet couple-y things. You shake your head. “I can’t, I have dinner plans with my parents.” He perks up. “Can I come? I mean.. We’re getting serious now, and I wanna meet them. I want them to meet me. Please?” He gets up to walk you to the car, but you just gape at him. “What?” He asks worried. You shake your head and smile. “Nothing. It’s just.. My dad always told me the right guy would be the one to wanna come meet them and bring it up themselves, not run away when I brought it up.” He smiles and shrugs. “It’s official. I’m coming on Friday and meeting the man with the wisest of words, and the most amazing daughter.” He bends down and kisses you, making you swoon completely head over heels for him.

Zayn- “Is this okay?” He poses in his tux, showing off another side of his outfit. You roll your eyes and nod. “Yes babe. They’re gonna love you, quit worrying so much.” He runs his hands through his hair. “I can’t! Because what if they don’t? If I screw this up, I screw everything up. They have to like me, otherwise when we get married, they won’t show up, or they won’t accept our children, or worse, you’ll leave me because they’ll tell you I don’t deserve you, because I don’t but I can’t lose you, and I just need them to like me!” He rambles. You can tell he’s really high strung about this. You smile and kiss his cheek. “Don’t worry babe. They’re gonna love the fact that you’re nervous about their approval. They’re going to see how perfect you are for me just like I do, so just stop worrying okay?” He smiles and takes a deep breath. “I love you babe.” You smile even bigger. “I love you more.” He scoffs. “Doubt that.”