Preference #52: Bedtime stories

Harry: Harry sat with the 18 month old in his lap as he read her a bedtime story. Grabbing the first book on the shelf, he read little Darcy, “Baby Sister Said No”, it was a Little Critter book and one of Darcy’s favorites. Throughout the book anytime Darcy saw the word ‘No.’ she’d shout it out before Harry could. “Then mama said, ‘Nap.’. But my baby sister said-” “NO!” Darcy yelled, pleased with herself. Once Harry finished reading the book he picked Darcy up from his lap and put her in her crib. “Looks like it’s time for someone to go to sleep.” he said smiling at the little child. Darcy pouted, “No.” she said, silently. “But Darce, you have to go to bed.” Harry tried, but she replied with another, “NO.”. Frowning Harry picked her up from the crib, “What if you sleep with Mummy and me?” he asked her. She smiled, letting Harry know that she was satisfied with his suggestion. Carrying the little girl to your room Harry yelled, “Babe, we have one more sleeping with us tonight!”

Zayn: Once your daughter found her favorite book she hopped onto her bed, where Zayn was, and pushed the book into your husband’s hands. “This one daddy.” she smiled as Zayn read the cover. Smiling at it he started to read the Arthur book called “Glasses For D.W.”. Once Zayn got to the page with all the glasses that D.W. wanted your daughter looked at the page in awe. Loving all the variations and shapes of the glasses. Before he had time to finish reading the page your daughter said, “Daddy I want glasses.” she pointed to the pink ones with a heart shape, “I want those ones, so that I can see hearts everywhere!”. Zayn laughed at your daughter’s comment, “Love, those don’t make you see hearts, those just make you see better. Plus, we already got your eyes checked, you don’t need glasses.”. Frowning, she crossed her arms, “But I want glasses like Arthur.” she whined. Thinking about Zayn came up with a solution, “What if we get you sunglasses? So that you can see outside?” he smirked. Your daughter’s eyes lit up, “Really daddy?”. Nodding his head he smiled, “We’ll go first thing tomorrow.”

Liam: As Liam read your son, “Froggy’s Baby Sister” your son stared at the pictures in awe. Amazed with all the colors and animals. When you got to the page were Froggy’s mom had her baby bump your son said, “Daddy why is her tummy so big?” he asked a little confused. Liam looked at your son, trying to come up with something to reply with. He wasn’t  quiet sure how to respond, “Well.. She just had quite a bit to eat.”. Taking that as his answer, they continued with the book. When they got a few pages farther your son noticed that the baby didn’t have any legs, so he asked Liam. Liam explained how before she turned into a frog she was a tadpole. “Daddy, when I was a baby was I a tadpole?” he asked with his big brown eyes that resembled Liam’s. Liam shook his head, “No because your human silly boy.” he laughed, “Ohhh, okay.” your son replied, a little bit disappointed that he wasn’t a tadpole as a baby.

Niall: “Home Sweet Tree” was probably your son’s favorite book. As a child, it was Niall’s favorite as well, that’s probably why your son loved it so much. Reading though the book your son’s eyes would be big and wide. One specific page was his favorite though. The page was the one with Mama Bear holding the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies out to her children. “Daddy, can we make some cookies?” he’d ask Niall. Remind you it was always around nine o’clock at night. Shaking his head, Niall would reply with, “It’s a little to late for those mate. How about tomorrow you ask your mum if you two could make some?” Niall suggested. Pouting your son replied, “But what if I’m not in the mood for cookies tomorrow?” he whined, “I want them now.”. Signing, Niall looked at your son, “Sorry mate, but we can’t have that right now.”. Crossing his arms together, your son pouted, “Why can’t we just grab the cookies off the page? That would be a whole lot easy.” Niall huffed, “I know mate, I know.”

Louis: “A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P!” your six your old son read along with Louis as he smiled wide at the colorful Dr. Seuss book. “Painting pink pajamas. Policemen in a pail. Peter Pepper’s puppy. And now Papa’s in the pail.” he read all by himself. “Hey.” Louis said looking at his son, “I thought I was the one that was suppose to read to you. Not you reading to me.” he said, as he laughed at how much your son loved to read. “I’m sorry dad, I just love to read. Can I read to you instead of you reading to me.”, Louis nodded in respond and let your son continue. As your son came close to finished the book he read, “A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y and-” before saying it he looked at Lou, “Dad would you say the last one to me?”. Smiling wide Louis nodded and altogether they said, “Z. Big Z little z. What begins with Z. I do I am a Zizzer- Zazzer- Zuzz as you can plainly see.”. Smiling at the end Louis kissed his son goodnight, ” I love you dad.” your son said, smiling wide.