Preference #43: You hit him

Harry: He’s gotten used to your hands flying at his chest when you’re upset, needing to take your anger out on something. You’re small compared to him, his large hands easily gripping your small fists, holding you in place. “Calm down.” He tells you, letting go of your hands and moving them to your face, cupping your cheeks as he presses a kiss to your lips. “Calm.” He repeats over and over until you’re like putty in his hands, your violent actions stolen by his kiss.

Louis: Your mouth pops open as soon as your fist aims for his shoulder, his own hand moving up to grip it. “I’m so sorry.” You reach up, trying to move his hand down but he’s still in shock at the strong punch of your fist. You pull up his sleeve, rubbing the spot you hit, lips pressing to it over and over.  “I’m sorry Lou.” You tell him until he seems to calm down, moving his arm a little. “I taught you well. You’ve got a good right hook on you.” He laughs it off, letting go of your small attack.  

Niall: You were always playful with him, laughing at everything he said, your hand slapping his shoulder, beckoning him to stop so you could cease your laughter, your stomach hurting from your endless giggles. Still, he never quit, letting your slaps against him be his drive to keep you laughing, that sound his favorite in the world.

Liam: The laugh that sounds after you hit him only angers you further. You huff, walking away from him as he chases after you. “Come back babe.” He calls until you slam the door in his face. You can still hear his laughter as he grabs a key from on top of the door, pulling it open. “Don’t laugh at me or I’ll hit you again.” You mumble, arms crossed over your chest. He holds his chuckle in. “It didn’t hurt.” He tells you, letting you know your fist was nothing against his strong body, just as you weren’t now as he picked you up, pressing little kisses all over your face. “You’re so cute when you’re mad.” You finally smile, kissing him back. “Next time I’ll use my words to hurt you.” You smirk, his face falling for a moment as he knows that’s your greatest weapon against him but smiling again as you continue your peppering of kisses on his skin.

Zayn:As much as you and Zayn argue, you’ve never gone so far as to hit him. Tonight, when you’re both yelling over top of each other, you decide to take over, your hand reaching to slap across his face, a stinging on his skin at the contact. Immediately he grabs both of your wrists, holding them there. His eyes darken as he looks down at you, breathing heavily as he grows furious that you put your hands on him. Still, he refrains from going further, dropping your wrists and storming to your bedroom, closing the door and locking you out. You sit outside, waiting for him to open it, to calm down. When you hear the click of the lock you turn the knob, walking silently into your room to lie in bed with him, kissing his cheek and whispering your apology over and over again.