XIII

Re·lin·quish

/rəˈliNGkwiSH/

verb

voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up.

Author's POV

Kai was feeling anxious.. Jennie looked so weak as if she had been beaten out like a pulp.. She looked so pale and she has a lot of bruises all over her arms up to her neck..

He finds it weird since Jennie's bruises looked too severe by the way those girls beat her up.. Those damn bitches might have hurt Jennie but he's sure that it won't be this bad..

Kai rushed her to the ER and he was confused to find the doctors panicking around while putting some oxygen mask around Jennie's face.. They're injecting a lot of fluids on her arms which he thought was suppose to be medicine..

Jennie only got beaten up in front of him so it's confusing that they're doing this much to her.. They're suppose to just heal her wounds not inject so many things..

He was just there standing confuse as he witness the doctors do everything (to keep Jennie alive) he's hurting for Jennie.. Jennie's body is pale and skinny and the amount of things that they're putting on her makes Kai feel bad..

Somehow, he can feel her pain like he can also feel all her sorrows and sure it felt bad.. Does Jennie have any other illness? He thought to himself while being traumatized by watching Jennie fight for her own life..

After some time, the storm had calmed down and the doctors sighed in relief which made Kai sigh in relief as well for it symbolizes that Jennie is fine and will continue to live..

"Are you her guardian? " a nurse approached him which made Kai take his eyes off of Jennie for the first time since they got here in the hospital..

"I uhm.. Y-Yes" he wasn't sure what to say.. He's Jennie's friends so he thought that being her guardian for now will be fine.. It's not like he has some bad intentions or something.. He cares for Jennie sincerely..

He cares for her more than anyone that he cares about.. He cares for her more than he cares for himself..

"The cancer inside her body is spreading wild.. It explains all her bruises all over her arms.. I think she forgot her medications today as well that's why she almost died in here" The nurse explained while checking some thing and writing some notes into the notebook that she's holding..

Kai was left stunned.. He heard the nurse loud and clear.. He understand what she had said but he somehow can't process it.. Or maybe he just doesn't want to accept it..

"C-Cancer? " he asked unsure.. The nurse stopped her doings and looked at Kai confusedly.. Her face shows disbelief everywhere..

"I thought you were her guardian? " the nurse asked again and he nodded eagerly..

"I am! I'm her friend.. I uhm.. I just didn't know that she has cancer" Kai said with his voice slowly fading as it started to sync in..

"Well your friend has myeloid leukemia.. And it's getting worst and worst.. I suggest that she should stay here for a week so we can run some test on her.. Her body is giving up.. If her family ever comes here please ask them to talk to her doctor.. She needs to undergo over surgery.. She will die if she doesn't do her transplant soon" The nurse said before leaving Kai there standing while looking at Jennie with teary eyes..