III

trau·ma

/ˈtrômə/

noun

A deeply distressing or emotional experience.

An emotional shock following a stressful event or a physical injury, which may be associated with physical shock and sometimes leads to long-term neurosis.

Lisa Manoban

I was excited to enter the masters bedroom because I have a good news to my mom.. I just earned some yellow stars because I got the answers correct from school..

"Mom! What are you doing over there?" I asked as I saw my mom standing at the balcony of the masters bedroom..

I was 4 at that time.. Too young, too innocent.

"I'm going to follow your dad sweetheart, do you want to follow him as well? " she looked over me with a bright smile on her face yet it felt cold.. Her smile looked so familiar but I knew it doesn't mean the same when she does that before..

"But grandpa said he's dead.. He's in heaven now" I looked down.. Too innocent to even understand the idea of death..

"That's why we're going to follow him! We're going to jump here and then we'll see your dad again. Isn't that great? " my mom encouraged me but it felt strange.. I started to be scared of her..

"But mom! I have a lot of bruises and that's too high.. I don't want to be at the hospital again! " I answered in a whining tone and my mom just chuckled..

My dad died and the cause was car accident.. The three of us was inside the car but only mom and I made it alive.. Ever since then, my mom changed.. She became quiet and distress.. She became crazy..

"I love you Lisa.. " my mom said all of a sudden while smiling so wide which confused me.. Why is she crying while smiling? I clearly saw tears coming from her eyes..

Mom is so weird..

______

I opened my eyes and find myself lying on my couch.. The TV was on playing some random movie I don't even know.. I can hear ringing through my ears and my head started to spin..

That dream again...

When will it ever stop bothering me?