VIII

friend

/frend/

noun

a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Lisa Manoban

The feeling of being watched.

I'm so used to this kind of situation but this is something different.. I'm very certain that they're all looking at me, murmuring things probably good or bad but it doesn't really matter anymore..

Sitting here inside my most hated place irks me.. This is so out of my league since the cafeteria is the most crowded place of the campus and I hate anything crowded.. I'm a little mad to myself for agreeing to do this yet I feel like I can stand doing this since I did this for Jennie..

I would probably be suffocating by now, I would probably run outside to get my own personal space and so I can finally calm down but somehow.. I stayed..

With Jennie being by my side.. It felt safe..

"Are you okay? " I heard her whisper with her worried tone and my heart swelled after hearing her soft voice..

The cafeteria is crowded.. It's too noisy and filled with chaos but somehow I find one thing good about it.. And it's to eat with someone other than myself.. I'm kind of surprised that I am doing this right now but hey.. This feels great and when it feels great then it's not wrong..

"Yeah.. " I whispered back..

I have this weird mannerisms where I shake my legs too fast when I'm feeling nervous and uncomfortable.. I'm doing it right now since I don't exactly know what to do or what to say when Jennie's sister and Jennie's best friend are looking at me suspiciously like I did something wrong..

"It's okay don't be nervous. " Jennie whispered once again and this time I felt her small hands gently tapping my thighs just so it would stop shaking on its own.. She's trying to make me calm down and she successfully did it although something else is shaking after my legs calmed down..

Thud... Thud... Thud...

My heart whose never had any color before, started beating and suddenly had rainbows insides.. It feels like a sudden shot of adrenaline entered my body as she continue to gently tap my thighs..

Goosebumps.. Migraine.. Heart attack..

I'm having all three of them at the same time and I don't even understand why this is all happening..

I can feel my ears getting hot and it might be red by now then my face whose in its usual poker expression yet it badly wants to smile but I'm trying my best to not do it since everyone is watching..