XII

yearn·ing

/ˈyərniNG/

noun

a feeling of intense longing for something.

Lisa Manoban

"Look! Isn't that a shooting star? " Jennie squealed when a bright star come falling right above us.. It's so bright but not as bright as Jennie's smile..

After 3 days, Jennie decided to lead our second date because she doesn't want me to spend so much money on preparing anything.. She's worrying that I might run out of money..
I can lose everything, but not money. I'm never running out of it..

Anyways, Jennie decided to have a sleepover at our roof top where she prepared a huge mattress for us to lay down and some soft pillows that surrounds us..

She brought some snacks which she made herself like nachos and shawarma. She put a lot of candles around us making it looked so simple yet the most romantic thing I've ever seen in my life..

We laid there side by side with a respectful distance between us... I'm afraid that if our skin touched, my skin might burn into a hot temptation that love provides... She played a mellow music as our background while we watch the bright stars and moon above..

At first I thought that this will be boring and nonsense but then again.. I am with someone that I love so it will never ever be boring.. I mean her presence enough is entertaining, what else could I wish for?

"Make a wish then" I replied and Jennie quickly sat up before putting both of her palms together like she's praying then she closed her eyes..
I find her cute right at this moment that I would love to just snatch her and keep her inside my pocket.

The reflection of candle lights on her face makes her look so stunning.. My heart skipped a beat as I adore her.. Like she is in a slow motion.. Like the world had stop around us and we were there lost in our own world..

I couldn't help but to fall more..
To fall an inch deeper and deeper..

"I love you" I said it a little too loud letting my own thoughts control me but I hope it's not loud enough for her too hear.. I mentally cursed myself after realizing what have I done..Why would I even mumble it that loud?

"Huh? " Jennie opened her eyes and looked at me confusedly.. I sighed in relief when I realize that she did not hear me.. That was so close.. I would've scared her away..

"Nothing. I was not saying anything" I looked away and she just nodded her head before laying beside me again..

"Told you this is not boring.. It's pretty relaxing too" she boasted that made me chuckle..

"Yeah.. This is not that bad" I replied before turning to my side and this time facing Jennie but I did not realize that she was turning to her side as well while facing me so now we're both laying down as we look at each other's face..

I was startled by our sudden close distance.. She's inches away from me that I could even kiss her just by moving a little.. I can feel her sweet and calm breathing through my face and the way her eyes sparkles makes me want to just take a risk..