XXVIII

te·na·cious

/təˈnāSHəs/

adjective

tending to keep a firm hold of something; clinging or adhering closely.

Third Persons POV

He was anxious.. It has been days since he last saw the girl and he can't help but to get worried..

He has not seen Jisoo or Rosie at school.. Not even Lisa so he doesn't have any idea at all..

Today is the day that he told himself that he can't take it anymore.. He wanted to see her at least once.. Just to know that she is doing great or she is fine..

He went to the hospital with hurried steps and nervous heart.. Although no one invited him to be there.. He still came.. He needs to check her out..

"K-Kai? " Jisoo was the first one to notice him.. Rosie and Lisa immediately looked at his direction with furrowed brows..

The three of them are the one who's in charge of taking care of Jennie for tonight.. Jennie's parents went home to rest since they're the one who took care of Jennie last night..

It has been 4 days since... Jennie has been sleeping for four days and everyone is feeling anxious.. No one complained though.. They're letting her rest as they wait patiently..

"I uhm.. Hi.. I wanted to visit Jennie.." He said nervously when he noticed the piercing eyes of Lisa who's looking at him.. He raised his hands who's holding a basket filled with fruits hoping that Jennie is allowed to eat them..

"She's asleep. " Lisa said shortly and then she turn her attention back to the sleeping girl.. 

Again, Lisa was standing to that same spot outside the glass wall as she watch Jennie closely hoping that those eyes will open soon somehow.. 

"I can wait I guess.. " Kai chuckled.. He doesn't have any idea at all.. Lisa looked down and kick the air, swaying her feet as if she's playing with it..

"She's technically in coma.. She has been asleep for four days now" Lisa informed him and his world suddenly stopped..

His ears felt like it bled.. He somehow can't accept the sentence that Lisa just said..

That can't be.. He thought to himself but then when he went to look through those glass wall.. He saw the lifeless body of Jennie who's in deep sleep surrounded by the monitors that keeps her alive..

He somehow couldn't process anything.. The girl.. Jennie whom he loved for the first time was there.. Lying lifeless..

He knows Jennie's illness... He knows it all but he had never seen Jennie in a situation like this.. It broke his heart, literally..

"Can I please come in Lisa? " he asked although he kind of know the answer.. Lisa has always been jealous of him.. Well if he's dating Jennie then he would also be jealous with Lisa..

He was feeling so nervous because he never really had the courage to talk like this towards the school bully but he really needs to see Jennie closely.. And maybe confess all the things that he should've confessed when she was awake..

"Wear those scrubs.. 30 minutes.. After that you're out" Lisa said coldly..

It's so out of her league.. She's the jealous type when it comes to Jennie but Kai is her friend.. She can see that Kai cares.. So who is she to stop him from caring?

It's not like Kai will took Jennie away..

She knows he can't.. And even if he can, Jennie will always love her more with loyalty.. She can't be bothered by him..

And so Kai wore the scrubs with mask on and went inside.. He looked over the glass wall and found nothing.. He's thankful that Lisa gave them some privacy because he really wanted to let go of his feelings..

So he won't regret anything..

"Hey there Mandu! " he greeted her.

And despite the fact that he's so desperate to hold her hand right now, he did not and stop himself... Being able to talk to her this close is enough already..

Jennie is not his.. She will never be.. 

He accepted that a long long time ago..

He looked everywhere and saw the monitor making some sounds.. Her heartbeat is normal, he thanked the Gods for that..

Despite those mask and the obvious weight loss of Jennie, he still find her so attractive and beautiful.. He still can fall in love with her a thousand times..

I love how are eyes meet..
I have a question, are you looking at me from afar?

If yes, I just want you to know that I am looking for you in the midst of the crowd.

Amidst those intervals, I always find you. I've always captured every details of you..

I love your eyes, your smile and the way you move.

Your existence could give me a million word to describe you.. How I wish that I could write our own love story..