59.

preparation

Sage looked over at Professor McGonagall. "Did you need something professor?" Sage asked.

"Flitwick has told me you're quite skilled at charms," she told her. "Well we can't stop Voldemort but we can certainly delay him."

Sage nodded. "Okay, Professor."

McGonagall raised her wand. "Piertotum Locomotor," she said which caused the stone knights inside the school to start moving. "Hogwarts is threatened! Protect us! Do whatever you need."

Sage stepped out of the way of the moving statues. "Brilliant..."

McGonagall grinned widely, that was about the first time in 7 years of Sage being at school she had seen McGonagall grin. "I've always wanted to use that spell!" She exclaimed.

Next was Flitwick who raised his wand, mumbling the spell "Protego Horribilis," repeatedly as small gleams of light came from his wand.

Sage watched the rest of the adults start to help protect Hogwarts and she finally raised her wand. "Protego maxima," she mumbled, watching Hogwarts be covered with gleaming light.

McGonagall sighed. "That's as much as we can stall for now," she told them. "We just got to give Potter enough time to figure stuff out."

Sage nodded and began to glance around. Everything was crazy, students were running around, order members were trying to protect Hogwarts for as long as they could.

Molly Weasley appeared behind Sage, putting her hands on her shoulders. "Sage dear, are you alright?" She asked softly.

She nodded. "I'm just thinking," she said softly. "Where's Teddy?"

"Your father and Tonks dropped him off at Tonks's mother's home," she explained. "He should be safe there."

Sage just nodded. "That's good... I'm glad he's safe," she said quietly. Her mind was unfocused, everything that happened the last couple of months, and now it was May 2nd, 1998. The day the battle would start. The day Sage Lupin turned 18, and the day she would take her last breath.

Sage finally turned around and walked back into the school, where even more people were running around.

She looked outside for a moment and saw the barrier starting to break. She frowned before running down the hall.

It was a while until a familiar face came into view. Draco. "Sage," Draco breathed out as she froze in place.

He took a few steps towards her. "Don't," was all she said and he stopped. "How are you here?"

He sighed and shook his head. "Snape let me in. I asked him too," he explained. "I wanted to see you, before the war started, or at least officially. I wanted to apologize for what happened at my house and wish you a happy birthday."

"Thanks," she mumbled quietly. "Draco you didn't do anything, you just let them hurt me. You're supposed to be my boyfriend, you're supposed to love me."

"I do! I do love you!" He interrupted. "More than anyone. Sage, I'm sorry."

"Sorry!" She snapped. "You let them torture me! You didn't do anything, Draco. I have every right to be upset with you. I trusted you, I did so much for you."

"Sage... please," Draco begged, his eyes got glossy from tears. "I know I screwed up, I know that. I wanted to help."

"Why didn't you?"

"I was scared! Scared of my father and Voldemort and all of them. I was scared they were gonna hurt me," he admitted. "I know there's no excuse for what I did."

"You're right about that, zero excuses," she said, her voice filled with more harshness than normal. "You didn't even tell me about Elizabeth!"

"Sage, I didn't know until after Bill and Fleur's wedding. I didn't you see up until you found out," he explained. "There was no way I could have told you?"

"An owl?"

He sighed. "Inception?" He questioned. "I couldn't risk it and again I'm sorry Sage. Please just trust me on this, I never wanted to hurt you, I love you so much."

She stared at him before looking down. "Draco..." she started to say but couldn't get any words out. "I don't know what to say to you..."

"You don't have to say anything, but I don't want you to be upset with me when we go into this war," he said softly, stepping closer to her. "Let's talk about it later, when you're ready."

She nodded slightly. "Yeah... okay," she said quietly. She stood there for a moment before wrapping her arms around him.

He held her close to his chest. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," was all she said as she took in the moment. "Draco... you need to go, or hide or something. Before someone sees you."

He shook his head. "I don't wanna leave you, Sage," he said quietly.

"I'll be okay. You'll see me soon," she said. "We can't risk it, or you can't."

He looked around for a moment, at the rushing, hurrying students. "Everyone is too busy to notice me."

She looked up at him, with a small smile. "I don't wanna risk it still. You said it yourself you're scared they were gonna hurt you. This is me helping you."

He sighed. "I know," he breathed out with a nod. He kissed her quickly before he disappeared into the distance. Sage watched before turning away from his direction.

She took a deep, shaky, breath because she knew, she knew deep down that this wasn't going to go well. It was her fault, she decided to mess with two sides of a war. A messed up was at that.

A/N:i'm trying to finish this book soon so hopefully, that happens

A/N:
i'm trying to finish this book soon so hopefully, that happens. i only have a couple more chapters left and we all know how it ends. anyways i was thinking abt doing a sequel but i'm not sure yet.