21

welcome home

Sage opened the door to her home and Sirius was drinking coffee at the counter. Mr. Weasley had been attacked about a week ago by a snake, Harry had seen it in his dreams. But he survived, luckily.

Sirius smiled widely at the girl and stood up to hug her. Remus took his daughter's bags and set them against the wall. Remus raised an eyebrow at Sirius, who let his goddaughter go. "Sage, I want you to meet someone," Remus said, "Cmon let's have a chat,"

Sage nodded, "Okay," she agreed and followed her dad to the living room. There was a girl, who looked quite young with bubblegum pink hair sitting on the couch.

"Sage Lupin," she said and smiled "It's a pleasure to meet you,"

The woman had a warm smile, Remus placed his hand on his daughter's back "Sage this is Nymphadora Tonks," Remus told her.

"Tonks, darling please," Tonks said.

"Darling?" Sage questioned.

Remus smiled slightly, "We're... together," Remus explained.

"Like together? Together?" Sage asked and Remus nodded. Of course, she was happy for her dad, but what about Sirius? "That's great dad, it's nice to meet you, Tonks,"

Tonks smiled softly and Remus looked at his daughter happily "Thank you," Remus said.

"Now that we're sorta in the lovey mood," Sage started slowly, "Draco invited me to go over to his home, after Christmas to meet his... family,"

Remus frowned "I um," he said quietly, "Yeah sure, just be careful okay?"

Sage nodded "Of course," she agreed. "I'm gonna run my bags upstairs then I'll come down," Sage exited the living room and grabbed her bag, and took it up from her room. She unpacked it and then went back downstairs.

Sirius, Remus, and Tonks were in the living room talking as Sage made her way down the stairs. "Alright let's catch up darling," Sirius said, patting the seat next to him. Sage smiled and took a seat next to Sirius, Remus leaned against the counter his hand touching Tonks's back.

"How's quidditch?" Tonks asked.

"It's great, we haven't lost yet, we play Slytherin after Christmas break," Sage answered, "We have the same team we had a few years ago,"

"That's great," Tonks said. "Sirius used to be a keeper like you,"

Sirius blushed nervously as he received a look from Sage, Sage had so much to learn about Sirius, even though she had practically lived with him the last two years, "You did?" Sage asked.

"Indeed I did," Sirius replied, "My sixth and seventh year I did, same years your mother played,"

Remus looked down at the mention of Marlene "What position?" Sage asked.

"Chaser, she was one of the best we had, including James," Sirius explained, "We were unstoppable, we had John Bell and Arthur Brown as beaters, pretty sure John's niece goes to school with you?"

"Katie?" Sage questioned, Sirius, nodded, "She's one of our chasers, very competitive,"

"Competitive family," Sirius said.

"You wrote about this meeting thing?" Remus questioned, "What's that about?"

"Oh Dumbledore's army. Harry is just teaching us defensive spells, he talked about trying to Patronus charm after break," Sage explained, "Anyways Umbridge is doing everything in her power to stop us,"

"Of course she is," Sirius said with annoyance.

"How's Draco?" Tonks asked kindly.

"You told her?" Sage asked turning to her father, Sirius stared at them, Sage hadn't told him yet either.

"Sage-" Remus said quietly.

"What about Draco?" Sirius asked.

Sage turned to Sirius quickly "Uhm I'm... uh with him..." She said quietly.

"With Malfoy?" Sirius asked.

Remus glared at Sirius in a way of telling him not to lash out, Sage nodded "Yeah," she said nervously.

Tonks was Draco's cousin, the two had never meant do to the Black's family disowning Tonks's mother. Sirius just nodded "Okay," he said blankly.

"But uh yeah, he's- he is fine," Sage said quietly. Tonks nodded slightly and looked at Remus.

"What do you want for dinner darling?" Remus asked Sage.

Sage shrugged "Um, I don't know whatever you want," she said.

Remus nodded "Got it," Remus said and he and Tonks walked to the kitchen. Sirius leaned back and looked at Sage.

"What do you see in him?" Sirius asked, Sage, gave him a questionable look, "In Malfoy,"

Sage bit her lip softly "He just, he's a lot different than a lot of people see him. He cares about me, and he makes me laugh and his eyes are something I could get lost in forever. He's not who I thought he was, when I started tutoring him, I saw a different side of him," Sage explained, a small smile forming on her face. Sirius sighs and Sage frowned, "Are you upset... at me?" Her voice cracked.

Sirius stood up to sit next to her "No-no of course not," Sirius said, "I understand completely, you're young and in love,"

Sage smiled, her godfather's side hugged her and Sage leaned into him. "Are you okay?" Sage asked, after a moment of silence.

"What?" Sirius questioned.

"About my dad, being with Tonks," Sage said slowly, "He told me about you guys during school,"

Sirius sighed and looked down into his lap, "I've always loved your dad. And I always will. But if he's happy with Tonks then I guess I'm happy," Sirius admitted.

"I know that's not true," Sage said quietly, Sirius looked at her, "You wish it was you, don't you?"

Sirius nodded slowly "Of course I do, of course, I wish I was still with your dad. But he's happy and that's what matters to me," Sirius told her.

"You're a good friend Sirius," Sage said, smiling.

Sirius smiled at the girl.

A/N:I hope you enjoyed this

A/N:
I hope you enjoyed this. I'm trying to get some Sirius, Sage time in before Sirius we'll Y'know. But yes wolfstar is 100%.